fifteen

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

All Her Fault

━━━━━━━━

NEW YORK WAS SOMEWHERE MELODY NEVER SAW HERSELF VISITING. Not just because she didn't know the place existed, but that there was a place full of tall skyscrapers, reminding her of the castles in the Enchanted Forest.

"So, uh... You guys like pizza?" Neal asked Melody and Henry who were walking beside him.

Gold and Emma were trailing behind them, seeing as Neal was made at Gold, as was Melody, and Henry was mad at Emma.

"You're kidding, right? Let me guess - you're going to tell us the best pizza's in New York, and we've got to try it, right?" Melody guessed smiling.

Neal had convinced Melody to come with them. The teen had found herself bonding with him which made her pain and sadness subside for a little while. But there was a sinking feeling in the girl's stomach. She missed Hook and she was worried about him. Melody felt bad about leaving town without saying goodbye first, even if she was coming back.

"Actually, it's in the Kingdom of Damarian on the north shore of the Dragon Fields of Zorn." Melody laughed slightly while Henry grinned in awe. "Nah, it's in New York. Here, let's get you two a slice."

"So you're really from there?" Henry asked.

"Yeah, I am."

Melody grinned and hit her brother with her elbow. "Hey! So am I."

The three of them entered the pizza shop and Emma and Gold stood outside.

"Do you think that we should..." Emma trailed off.

"If we were welcome, I feel confident an invitation would have been extended. It's a sad truth that the people closest to us are the ones capable of causing us the most pain. That's our common ground, Miss Swan," Gold said turning to her.

"Guess my lying to him just caught up with me."

"Ah, give him time. He'll forgive you."

"Is that you projecting your own hopes?" she asked raising her eyebrow.

"My son and I have some way to go."

"I can see that."

There was a moment of silence when Gold spoke up.

"Do you remember how I told you not to bring up the past in front of my sister?"

Emma nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"I'm afraid our past is catching up with us. Under the curse, she was just like she was when she was with me and our father, but now..."

"And now she's broken."