Day 23

Today was not a normal day. Under Lucario's authority, the entire city was on lockdown, and everyone was gathered at the HQ today. Apparently, Marowak was right to be anxious about that Haunter, because him and two other Haunter were stalking the city. They kept luring people outside into the forest, then attacking them. No one had ever returned. Geek and Volt were tasked with Victini to try and figure out what exactly was going on. It was an odd day indeed. Gallade and Greninja were on street duty, and Wave was tasked with helping everyone at the HQ. Lucario assisted Wave, but he kept going in and out between helping Wave, and searching the city with Gallade an Greninja.

"So, what do you guys know exactly about those weird orb things?" Victini asked her two new assistants.

"Well, the first time we saw one, it was controlling Tsunami. So we know that they control other hosts," Volt said.

"I know that when they are controlling someone, they give off an exact copy of the orbs darker auras. There's also a line, very small, but a line that connects the orb to the host," Geek added.

"Oh! We know they can control multiple hosts at the same time!" Volt quickly added in.

"Oh yeah! Because of the Ancient Keep battle!" Geek said, remembering those 'good days.'

"Ok, mmm hmm, pretty much all of that I already knew from other witnesses," Victini said casually. 

Geek and Volt both gave out sighs.

"But that's good! That means we're all on the same page, and we don't have to catch each other up on stuff!" She added in.

"True. So we have to assume that the Haunter are being controlled by some sort of orb, somewhere," Volt suggested.

"But where?" Victini asked herself, scratching her head and holding her hand under her chin.

"Maybe it's in the Ancient Keep?" Geek suggested.

"Nah. Can't be. We explored that dungeon to the core, and not to mention, Marowak encountered Haunter before that happened," Volt shot Geek down.

Suddenly, Marowak burst through the door to Victini's room, dropping papers and other items all over the floor.

"I'VE DONE IT! YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!" He exclaimed with joy and panic in his voice at the same time.

"Woah slow down bro! Chill! What do they say?" Volt asked. 

Victini and Geek leaned in to see what Marowak had oddly scribbled down. Volt stood not far off, observing the papers and tablets.

"Geek and Volt are more important than we imagined!" Marowak added in.

"Geek and Volt, are two humans. It says here, that a growing calamity would occur across the globe, and when it got bad enough, a legendary Pokémon would call upon two humans to save us!" Marowak described it in detail. 

The tablets went on to describe the entire events leading up to now with the orbs and mind controlled Pokémon. It continued to describe in more detail about what the orbs were, and how they worked. It was all a jumble of complicated science and other things that Geek and Volt didn't understand, but Victini and Marowak seemed perfectly fine discussing.

"Here's another thing," Marowak said as he pointed to a sheet of paper that resembled a map.

"Right here," Marowak pointed to a part of the map that was not fully drawn in, "right here is where the tablets speak of another ruin with more history, maps, and writings from these ancient times that talk about this, 'growing calamity.'"

"Ok. So that's where we head next?" Geek asked.

"Yep. Here's the kicker, I don't know how I know this, but somewhere in this mess of tablets was a writing that said something about there being Pokémon controlled across the globe from that ruin. If I had to guess, I'd say the Haunter are being controlled by an orb from that ruin!" Marowak suggested.

"Then that's where we're heading next," Volt said as he stood up and looked to Geek.

"Let's get the others ready. Victini, you'll stay here with Lucario. The rest of us will go and see what we can find," Geek planned.

"Right. I'll go alert the others of the plan," Marowak said as he stuffed his papers and drawings in his bag. 

Watching Marowak grab the papers and shove them in his bag reminded Geek of Charmander. As everyone finally got ready, Geek and Volt devised an escape plan so that the Haunter wouldn't be able to find them. It was long and hard, but they were finally able to devise a foolproof plan.

"Ok, so here's how it goes. Geek, Wave, and I will sneak out today by hiding in the trees. Once we're out of the Outskirts Forest, we'll head to the ruin which is just a day's journey from there. Tonight, Greninja will escape since she works best in the dark. Tomorrow morning, Gallade and Marowak will escape while trying to be as sneaky as possible, but Greninja will stay behind and help if needed. Once we're all out, we head into the ruin and bring back whatever we can find," Volt explained.

"Sounds good," Lucario approved.

"Then let's go," Geek said.