Chapter 6

-A week later-
-[Y/N] Pov-
Alexander wrote a note to general Washington saying that we wanted to join the war. We would have to wait at least a day to see his response. But hopefully it would be worth it. Hopefully Alex wouldn't get hurt. I don't know what I would do if he got hurt, or worse, died. I don't think I could handle it.

Anyways, today us and the rest of the group (except Burr, he's "busy" ) went out and we went around town. Alexander wasn't shocked that I'm pretending to be a man. So he's back to normal. Whatever "normal" is.

After this past week I've grown quite fond of one of our friends. I know they don't like me back, obviously, because they still don't know that I'm a female and it's weird to be very fond, or love I don't know yet, of your friend. Who is this person I'm talking about? Well, it's the one and only......... John Laurens.

I know, I know, he's my brothers best friend. I can't just marry (because apparently as soon as you fall in love you have to marry them even though a few years after you may not love each other anymore) my brothers best friend. Plus, our group of friends, except for Alex and John, really think that they're in a secret relationship. We joke about it a lot. But Alex and John get angry when we do.

Anyways, I may or may not have fallen in love. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I was always scared of falling in love. NOW IT'S HAPPENED!

Oh, I'm thinking about this as we're walking down the street. Apparently, I'm completely zoned out at this point. To the point were I don't notice the horse and carriage coming straight at me.

"WOAH! WOAH!" John yells as he pulls me out of the way of the carriage. Which, in turn, makes me fall on him. REALLY HELPS WITH THE SITUATION GOING THROUGH MY HEAD RIGHT NOW! THANKS JOHN! "Are you okay [B/N]?" He asks with that cute smi-- [Y/N]! Stop thinking like that!

"Uhhhh, y-yeah," I say and blush and I immediately get up and put my hand out for him to get up. He laughs and takes my hand and gets up.

"That's good," He smiles. That smile, it makes me want to yell 'STOP SMILING LIKE THAT' . But I can't, that would be weird. So I look down. "Looks like the guys left us." He says. I look up.

"Wow, rude," I reply.

"I know right!" He says. "Hey, how about we go do something else? They were getting boring anyways."

"O-oh? Uhm... Sure!" I say as we start walking away.
----------------------------------------------
Hey! Sorry that I had to take this chapter down. I did make some changes because I forgot how it went before. Next chapter I'll have most of it in Laurens' pov. Because he knows something everyone else doesn't, and I want to reveal it to you. Anyways bai!

-Kenny