Chapter 18

-[Y/N] Pov-
Why did he offer to stay with me? I mean, I'm glad he did, but he didn't have to.

"So," John sits down in the chair next to me. "I never brought it up, but was it nice living in the Caribbean?"

A million memories flood into my head, some good, mostly bad ones, ones where... stuff happened, but I just sigh and say,

"It was alright"

Alright.... that's not the word I wanted to use, but I used it.

"Are you happy you left or?" John asks.

Am I happy I left. I was enthusiastic when I left. God I was so happy to get out of that hell hole.

"I am happy I left, if I didn't I wouldn't have met you." I said with a smile. I can't believe I just referred to only him. His face goes a little red and he looks away. I wish I knew what he was thinking about....

-John Pov-
Ahhhhh, lord strike me dead. Why did she have to smile like that? I wanna say something, something about how cute I think she is. But I can't. What if she doesn't want to be friends with me after that?

Anyways, the way she said that the Caribbean was alright. It makes me suspicious. Just alright? I always thought that it would be great there.

"To be completely honest, in the Caribbean all the men had poor attempts at hitting on me, I was glad to get away from that." She said. "Maybe they should learn from you." She smiled. Ahhhh! That smile.

"Are you being sarcastic?" I ask.

"Maybe," she responded. We both laugh. The laughter soon dies out and she gets really serious.

"A week until we leave. Try not to die on me alright?" She says.

"Alright mom," I say and roll my eyes. We both laugh again. This is going to be a good night. Well, until the others come back.