Chapter 76

-Y/N Pov-
"Madison! Fancy seeing you here," I say. Frances crosses her arms, she's obviously impatient.

"It kind of is, I don't go out often," He responded. It's kind of obvious he doesn't go out often. For a politician, he's not a really outgoing person. It kinda makes me wonder how he became friends with Jeffershit in the first place.

"Anyways, I wanted to ask you something, since were on good terms now," I said

"Mooooooommm," Frances groans.

"Fine, Fine," I say. "I'll ask you tomorrow,"

Madison nods and we start walking home. We walk into the house, smiling, but my smile fades as I see who's sitting on my couch.

"Why the hell are you here?!" I yell, Frances takes the hint and takes the bags out of my hands that I can potentially throw at him.

"I wanted to know where the hell you were?!" He yells back. "We could've won at the cabinet meeting, but your heads so far up your ass that you can't think about anyone other than yourself! Because of you, we have to wait until 1808 to even talk about getting rid of slavery!"

"Well, if you weren't so full of yourself then this could've been avoided! You could've sent one letter! Is one letter too much to ask!?" I yell with tears in my eyes. "Do you know what I had to do to get here?! Do you know how I felt everyday?! I felt like I did something wrong! Like you hated me for some reason, only to find out that you forgot about me!"

At this point I'm crying and I see Alex's face soften, John hears whats going on and rushes out and hugs me tightly. I sob into his shirt. Alex walks up to us and places a hand on Johns shoulder, John takes the hint and walks away. Alex takes his place and hugs me.

"Y/N, I'm sorry that I've been such a dick to you..." He starts. Heh, this kinda reminds me of the time he apologized for hitting me the time I went on the 'date' with John. "I've just been caught up with work, it's all I think about. I actually haven't thought that far back. The real reason I never wrote to you is because I was scared to, I didn't know what to say and kept trying to forget that part of life that gave me such horrible pain, I wanted to start a new. I tried and tried until I literally forgot, I felt there was something missing, and when you showed up at my door the pain came rushing back and I was afraid that I would let you down, so since that day, I've been hard on myself. I wanted to be a good brother, but I tried too hard and became a dick."

I look up at him and smile, that's what I wanted to hear from him, an honest apology for that. To be honest, the more I tried to repress the past, the madder it made me.

"I needed that, but I'll need more than an apology," I chuckle. Alex rolls his eyes.

"Of course it will," he mumbles. "It's always something with you." He laughs.

John walks back into the room. "I'm glad my girlfriend and best friend made up, that was a weird triangle I was in," He says, laughing.

"If I find out you guys are fucking I'll be pretty pissed, then I'll tell Laf and Mulligan," I announce. We all laugh. Alex looks at John.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh, she can never find out," He jokingly whispers.

Needless to say, that was the most fun I've had in a while.