Chapter 55

-One week later-
(I'M WRITING A LETTER NIGHTLY~)
(Your move, commenters)

-[Y/N] Pov-
We haven't slept in a week. We we're weak, somehow we were awake.

You haven't seen two bastard, orphans more in need of a break.

Longing for something.... missing my John.

That's when Ms. Maria Reynolds walked into our lives.

There's a knock on the door. Alex gets up and opens the door. There's a woman voice she said,

"I know you are a man of honor, I'm so sorry to bother you at home, but I don't know where to go... and I came here all alone," she said. "My husband's doin' me wrong. Beatin' me, cheatin' me, mistreatin' me. Suddenly he's up and gone, I don't have the means to go on."

I think I know what's going on here. I get up and stand behind Alex.

"I guess I can give you a loan and I can walk you home," Alex offered.

"You're too kind, sir," she said. They start walking away.

"Alex... we have work to do!" I say.

"Don't worry, I'll be back," he responded and he kept walking.

I sigh and close the door. I hope he doesn't make the same mistake I did. God, I wish John would just come and apologize as many times as I did.

Anyways, I go back to work and wait for Alex to come home.

-Hours later-

The moon is all the way up in the night sky and there's still no sign of Alex. I start to worry as the night goes on.

Finally, I hear the door open and I see Alex. I suddenly feel very happy. I smile and run up and hug him.

"Wow, I didn't think you missed me that much," Alex laughed.

"You made me worried, I thought you had been killed or something," I said. Alex hugged me back.

"I'm sorry, it's just that Maria wanted to make me dinner and we talked for a while," he says.

"We should go to sleep," he says. I nod and we head to the bedroom. I wear one of Eliza's nightgown (obviously we're turned away from each other, ya creep). I sleep in the bed and Alex sleeps on the couch. I said he could sleep on the bed, but he said so and I didn't wanna fight with him. After a while, I fall asleep.