Chapter 20 A Cold Touch

***Hello hello everyone, look at that it's been only a week and I'm already posting another chapter. I'd like to be able to promise that this is going to be the consistent time, however considering my past track record I know that I can't. But I will say this, the chapters will be coming a lot more often than before, my aim is for two chapters per month minimum. I'd like to be able to post a chapter once every week, which will be my ideal goal, but if I can't do that then I will be trying to post once every other week. I want to genuinely say thank you to all the people who have been so patient with my book and stuck with me throughout this, and that includes the new people who have just recently found this book. Every single one of you are the reason that I continue this story. You all have been incredibly nice to me and the support that I've seen through this is the kind that I never imagined I would ever get from anyone. I say this with the sincerest of words, thank you, so so so much. Without you guys commenting, being supportive, and showing your love for the story I honestly don't think I would have written it to this point let alone had the strength to even consider to see it through. Now with that said, please enjoy this next chapter. Leave a vote and a comment if you get the chance, I appreciate every single one of them. ( )***

I could feel myself starting to sweet, and not just because of the sun beading down on me, but because I didn't know how to answer him. I couldn't read the expression on his face, making me all the more nervous and scared. I didn't have a lot of time to think up an answer considering it would look even more suspicious if I left a long pause before explaining myself.

"Well I um, I mean I don't really know him per say but I've seen him around and the way he talks to other people just seems different from you, that's all." I say, piecing together the best answer I could under pressure. Considering the circumstances it was actually a pretty decent answer to his question, although that's just what I thought which matters a hell of a lot less then what he thinks of it in this case.

"Ah okay, I see. I have talk to him only a few times before, but I suppose you're right, we are quite different when it comes to our personalities and the way we like to run our ships. Of course that's to be expected considering our captains are different as well." He said, looking back towards Jamal who was still talking to one of the crew members. I don't think Isum noticed but I took an audible sigh of relief, happy that that answer satisfied him. I did feel bad though, Isum was the first person on this ship to be really nice to me, though I guess the captain wasn't necessarily mean to me but at the same time there's just something different about the way that Isum talks to you, almost like you're his little brother of sorts. Then again maybe that applied to all the crew members were younger than him. After all I can't imagine that it was just me, I'm not really anything special enough to think that I'm the only one he treats this way.

After that the subject was changed and he showed me around the boat, introducing me to people that I had only really seen from afar despite having been on this boat for a while now, I know who is part of the crew but I hadn't necessarily talked every single person yet. Of course I ended up seeing Schmiede, after all the boat is only so big and we were making the rounds. He didn't talk to me and kept his distance but he still gave me this look that made me very uncomfortable, of course this is Schmiede we're talking about so just about any look he could give me would probably make me uncomfortable anyway.

After making sure that everything on the boat was up to standard and working like it was supposed to, along with making sure the stock was full and that we were rationing properly the sun was starting to set. I paused on the side of the boat to take in the view, it set the sky ablaze with its fiery red and ember, it's bright colourful raise reflecting against the clouds, seemingly making them glow against the darkening blue background which was it's canvass. You could already see the moon peeking through part of the sky that was still blue while the sun was only just starting to disappear behind the horizon. It was like the two of them were dancing with each other in the sky, for this brief moment that only lasted temporarily every day. For lack of better words, it was a beautifully breathtaking. Like all beautiful things though, as time passed the sky got darker and washed away those beautiful colours as they disappeared into the darkness.