Chapter 1

Stiles POV

I headed over to Scott's house to give him a ride to school. The atmosphere in the car was unusually quiet. Our conversation revolved around Derek. It's disconcerting to think that Kate is still out there, causing chaos in people's lives.

Oh, I should mention that we recently traveled to Mexico in search of Derek. He had gone missing for a considerable time, but we managed to track down a younger version of him just last night. We're still piecing together the finer details of the situation.

Upon reaching the school, I parked in my usual spot and began making my way to Mr. Youknomi's class.

"So, it's like 2 in the morning, and I wake up, and there she is, just lying right next to me, sneaking in

"So, it's like 2 in the morning, and I wake up, and there she is, just lying right next to me, sneaking in. It's like this happens about five times a week," I shake my head, filling Scott in on the Malia situation.

Scott raises an intrigued eyebrow, urging me to continue, "And then what happens?"

I stop in my tracks, pulling up the back of my shirt to reveal the scratches she gave me. "This," I say with a wry smile.

"Holy..." Scott laughs and shakes his head in disbelief.

"Yeah, right? After that, we spend the rest of the night spooning." I roll my eyes, still a bit bemused by the whole situation.

Scott nods, offering his take, "That sounds okay."

"Yeah, but there's a catch," I emphasize the 'always' part. "I'm always the little spoon. Always."

Scott gets to the heart of the matter, "This means you guys are together, right? You're dating?"

I shrug, feeling uncertain about our relationship status. "I don't know. Sometimes the way she looks at me, I think she knows I'm not telling her something. I'm not even sure if I want to rush into something right now."

Scott understands and says, "Hey, I'll catch up with you in class. I've got to use the bathroom." We both head to our lockers to grab what we need for the day.

" We both head to our lockers to grab what we need for the day

As I made my way to class, I noticed someone in the distance. She had dark brown hair and was carrying a bag that looked eerily familiar. I picked up my pace, trying to catch up to her, but I lost sight of her in the bustling crowd. That girl looked a lot like Stella, Stella Argent.