Chapter 27: That Was Just My Foot!

Beads of sweat rain down my back and soon turn into a steady stream as I dramatically fall onto the sand where Jesse stands hardly out of breathe. After about 25 minutes of me complaining we finally arrived at the nearly abandoned beach with Naomi and John.
"You alright there?" Jesse smirks and plops down next to in the sand.
"I offically hate you," I grumble into the sand and he chuckles as I turn my head to glance at him.

"Nah love, you said the opposite not to long ago," he grins as he lays on his stomach next to me. I playfully smack his arm and roll my eyes before propping my legs up to sit on, "I'm going to change into my suit, I'll be back in five," I explain while making my way to the girls bathroom with him on my heals to go to the boys.

Once I'm in the empty girl's bathroom I quckly strip and change into my suit before hearing someone else enter the bathroom and my heart leaps into my throat. I peak through the crack to see the familiar dark skin of Naomi. I let out a sigh of releif as I exit the stall and we exchange awkward smiles as she fixes her hair.

"So you and John are... friends?" I question and she let's out a short laugh which quickly eases the tension.
"Yes we are, we've been best friends actually all our lives, went into the army together as a matter of fact, so no we're not actually married," she laughs and I nod my head in understanding.
"And you and the Wolf boy are..." she trails off with a smirk and I catche a glimpse of myself in the mirror to see I magiclly turned beat red.
"We're together..." I trail off not really knowing what we are, "I guess we haven't gotten the chance to talk about it yet," I laugh and she offers a smile as we exit the bathroom to see John and Jesse both waiting in their suits.

I let my eyes flicker over Jesse's body for a second before quickly averting them being sure not to get caught, but by the look on his face he catches onto my eye scan. Smirking he approaches me and let's his eyes drop to me as well for a second before a small blush creeps onto his face and this time I'm the one to smirk.
"Ready for a swim?" I smirk and he swallows for a moment before nodding his head quickly. At that I quickly shove him into the sand before bolting for the water as he shouts quick profanities directed towards me.

I sprint off of the wooden dock and hurl myself into the air and in less than a second cold water engulfs me in a moment and my feet shove off of the lake floor to resurface. Once my head pops up and air is in my lungs again I watch as Jesse's figure sprints towards the lake and soon his body is flying over mine and spinning out of control before ultimately crashing into the water's surface.

I paddle in his direction and the second he pops up he's right in front of me with a smirk plastered on his face and his hair stuck to his forehead in odd directions. I push against the water to keep myself up before throwing my arms around Jesse's shoulders so he holds both of us up. The water has to be around 5 and half feet here making it impossible for me to stand but easy for Jesse, the sound of more feet banging against the wooden dock catches our attention and soon we see Naomi's figure screaming and flailing into the water as John throws her in.

John lets out a gut renching laugh as Naomi resurfaces with her black hair floating in the water and face more than pissed.
"I'm going to get you back for that asshole!" Naomi shouts and soon John isn't the only one laughing as Jesse and I join in quickly. John's figure dives in and I watch as he swims underneath us until he resurfaces underneath Naomi and lifts her up as she shouts and cusses.
"Hey Kira," Jesse nods his head in the other direction and soon we're swimming deeper into the lake as my anxiety and fear for sea monsters starts to set in.

"Where are we going?" I question skeptically as he seems to just keep swimming.
"The middle of the lake," he states and I stop swimming forward and stare at him.
"Aw heck no," I quickly scoff and do a 180⁰ before viscously doggy paddling in the other direction.
"Kira," he whines and easily catches up to me due to his long arms.
"I'm sorry getting eaten by a shark is not on my to do list today," I stare at him wide eyed as he raises a brow.
"Kira this lake is a mile long and the deepest is 10 feet deep we'll be lucky if there's carp in this lake," he states a matter-a-factly.