Chapter 23

Talia's P.O.V

I went to go call my mom and tell her that I was going over to Harry's but I knew that I should just ditch. I ran over to Harry's knowing how sad he is. It's like how I was when it happened to me. I checked see if the door was open an it was. I ran upstairs as fast as I opened the door finding a wrecked room. Harry was in the corner of the curled up in a ball crying. You could hear him sniffling.

"Sweetheart? I'm sorry about what happened! I know how you feel."

"DO YOU REALLY?" He was screwing at the top of his lungs.

"I do."

"Tell me then." He started to calm down. I sat down across from him.

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Yes. Unless you're lying about feeling how I feel." He was calm but his words hurt.

"Well I had a sister too. She was really pretty looked like me except she had blonde hair. Her name was Layla. We used to always walk to school together. She was 3 years older than me. I was ten and she was thirteen. One day we were walking home from school and a bunch of kids started yelling her name. She told me to run as meet her at home. I did as told and ran. After three hours she came home. She had a bunch of bruises and she was covered in blood. The next month she came home looking the same way as she did that day. It was a Friday night and I went over to my friends house. I got a call from my mom to not come home until Sunday. When I went home on Sunday my mom was sitting on the couch crying. I asked her what's wrong. Then she told me. Layla had committed suicide because she has been bullied ever since the start of middle school. She left a note and I read it. It said....

Dear Talia,

I hope you know that I will always love you as a best friend and a sister. My death was what I decided to do. I have been bullied ever since 6th grade. I have been called mean names a lot. I just figured that nobody needed me. I know the brave Talia and she will be okay. I love you forever and always.

-Layla

So now you know my story."

"I... I'm sorry for being so rude. I had no clue. It's ok. You never seemed upset though? And I don't remember your sister."

"It's ok. She was the popular blonde you said was pretty but then you said not as pretty as me. She never told anyone I was her sister. She didn't want people to know."

He sat their silently as he was taking in the moment.

"How about you come over today and we hang out just us?" I was smiling while wiping my eyes. I guess I was crying.

"Sure. I'd love that." He embraced me in a hug.

"Thanks for being there for me babe!"

"It's what I'm best at being a good person. Now come on." I pulled him out of the house and into mine. Next thing I knew we were cuddling in my bed. Don't worry nothing happened.