Chapter Seventy Three: Finally Happy

*The Next Morning*

I wake up to the sound of the waves crashing against the beach right outside the bedroom and to Chris' snoring too. Of course.

I laugh at that a little as I look up at Chris and feel a small smile form on my lips as I see his face looking very relaxed as his eyes are tightly shut and as he's sleeping away with his arms still around me and one of his hands resting on my bare hip.

I look at Chris for a little bit, enjoying the sight of his content face. A sight I enjoy seeing whenever I wake up before him even if we didn't have 'fun.'

Anyway, after I looked at Chris in silence, just enjoying the sight of him, for a little bit more I gently placed my hand on his cheek and rubbed my thumb up and down it before moving up a little and pecking his lips.

Chris hummed in his sleep at that as I see his face scrunch up a little before I feel his arms tighten around me and pull me closer to him as he buries his face into my hair.

I chuckle at that as I wrap my arms around his upper and burry my face into his chest before giving it little kisses. Which only made Chris hum in response again as I feel his fingers start to brush up and down my bare back. And hopefully that means he's awake.

"Are you awake?" I ask as I turn my head a little so it's now facing Chris' face before I plant a few soft kisses on it.

"I am now" Chris whispers with a tired husky voice making me smile as I start to comb my fingers through his hair. Messing it up than it already is.

We stayed like that for a little bit just enjoying the silence of our room and the calming noise of the waves crashing and the comfort of each other still in wrapped in one another's arms before I pull away a little and look at Chris. And when I do I'm immediately greeted with a tired smile on my husbands face as he continues to brush his fingers up and down my back.

"Good morning, wifey" Chris says with a whispered tone as he leans toward me before resting his forehead against mine and kissing the bridge of my nose.

I chuckle a little as I nudge his forehead with mine. "Good morning."

"How long have you been up?" Chris asks as he pulls me closer to him and brushes his foot against mine. Thanks to our legs still being entangled with each others and no blankets covering us at all

"Not long. And I was just enjoying watching you sleep before I decided to wake you up" I say as I bring one of my hands to Chris' chest and trace his chest tattoo with my finger tips.

"Got lonely?" Chris asks with a little smirk.

"A little" I say making both of us laugh as Chris pulls away a little and looks down and smiles at me.

I smile back at him as I look up at him too before smiling against his lips after he leaned down and pressed them against mine. My fingers comb through his hair as we continue to kiss and move our lips in sync. As we kissed, we both deepened it as we enjoyed the taste of each other's lips once again before Chris sat up with me in his arms and sitting in his lap as we didn't skip a beat with the kiss.

Chris kept our kiss connecting for a bit longer before he broke it and looked up and smiled at me.

"I love you" Chris says as he rubs both his hands up and down my back.

"I love you too" I say as I smile at him and rub both my hands either up and down his neck or through his hair before pecking his lips again.

Chris smiles as we both just look at each other smiling as we continue to caress one another. But as I do my smile grows bigger as I think about how my life went from completely upside down to right side up again in just a year thanks to him.