Beginnings

A/N: Hello everyone I'm back with another story

A/N: Hello everyone I'm back with another story. So yeah... apparently I didn't get the message about releasing another story before Christmas... Oops. But as a wise person once said the patient shall be well rewarded. So here we are.

So after giving it much thought, I've decided that for my second Fanfic will be featuring Knights. Now, this isn't a Medieval AU, just to get this out of the way.

Also, the Knights in this story will be somewhat based off of (appearance wise) a combination of the Teutonic Knights, the Knights Templars, and Crusader Knights (I'm entirely sure if Crusader Knights are any different, but I'm taking their appearance into consideration. And no, not the Templars from the Assassins' Creed franchise) and a tad bit of the Heide knight enemy from Dark Souls II.

As usual, I don't own any aspects of HTTYD or any images. Everything belongs to their respective owners so please don't stone me. Other than that onward with the story.

____________________________________________

Immediately after Toothless landed Astrid dismounted Toothless, "We need to tell your father!" She said getting ready to go back to the village.

But Hiccup was able to stop her saying, "No, no! No, not yet. They'll kill Toothless. Astrid, we need to think this through carefully."

"Hiccup we just discovered the Dragon's Nest. The thing we've been after since Vikings first sailed here. And you want to keep it a secret? To protect your pet dragon? Are you serious!?" Astrid said looking at Hiccup in disbelief in her eyes.

"Yes." Hiccup said with determination burning in his eyes.

Astrid stared at Hiccup in surprise before Hiccup looked away, "Okay... then what d we do?" She asked.

"Just give me until tomorrow. I'll figure something out." Hiccup said.

Astrid then punched Hiccup on his shoulder, and then kissed him before leaving making Hiccup blush.

_____________________________________________

The next day.

"Well, I can finally show my face in public again!" Stoick joked to the cheering crowd of Vikings.

"If anyone had told me that in a few short weeks, Hiccup would have gone from, well, being, uh... "Hiccup," to placing first in Dragon Training well, I would have tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad!" Stoick continued getting laughter in response.

Astrid was waiting by the gates to the Kill Ring but when she turned her head she saw Hiccup walking next to Stoick. Everyone went silent as he was carrying his helmet under his arm.