The Waning Sun

_____________________________________________

For what felt like a lifetime, everyone simply stayed silent and held their positions, too shocked to even move at everything that just transpired. The first ones to snap out of their trance were the three Knights. When they saw Tiberius on his knees right over Gabriela's body they rushed over to the pair but kept a respectable distance. Knowing all too well how much the two cared for each other.

Abbas tried to get closer but was promptly halted by a shaky hand on his shoulder. Hiccup had finally snapped out of his shock and pieced together what happened before his arrival.

Tried as hard as he might, Tiberius couldn't stop the steady stream of tears sliding down his face. He didn't care if the others were watching. He only felt more shameful as he saw Espada looking at him with her large purple orbs.

Tiberius could only chastise himself knowing he failed to save the women he loved. There were so many things he's yet to learn from Gabriela, and he'd only now proclaimed his feelings to her. Perhaps Drago was right? If only he had more drive, more willpower, more strength he could've prevented this.

And such thoughts only made more tears roll down and started to shake. He only started muttering curses to himself as he cast a glance at the sky. He wanted to pray, to beg his Lord to bring Gabriela back, that this entire thing was just one big nightmare. That he would wake up on Berk or back on the Island and Gabriela would still be alive. But he was smart enough to know such acts would only be in vain.

He could only realize that the battle was likely over and that Berk needed their help right now. There would be a time to mourn for Gabriela later. He was about to get up but Espada stopped him and crooned at him.

"I'm sorry, Espada. She's..." But Espada only growled lowly at him. "Espada now's not the time. I'm sorry, but... we'll have time to mourn for her later." But the Razorwhip only persisted and gave him a stern look. He wanted to raise his voice but suddenly, something clutched his hand and he heard coughing. He shot his head down and much to his surprise, he saw that Gabriela's eyes were slowly fluttering open.

Tiberius instantly placed a hand on her shoulder. "Gabriela are you..."

"Idiota..." She coughed harshly. Tiberius gave her a confused look. "Being in... the way of my shot. Thought... thought you were better than that?" She forced a chuckle.

"I got in the way of your shot?" Tiberius huffed. "How on earth am I supposed to dodge a speeding arrow when I'm stunned? I know I'm good, but I'm not that good. For God's sake woman if I knew you were going to be so-"

She suddenly grabbed Tiberius's surcoat and brought him closer to her. "I didn't kill you. I think that's what counts. Now shut up." Before Tiberius could counter, Gabriela brought her lips up against Tiberius. At first, he was surprised, but he quickly overcame his shock and passionately returned the favor. The two held their position for quite some time before parting and having their foreheads up against another.

"Mi Amor." She purred out.

"I love you too."

They would've stayed in their moment for much longer but they heard the suppressed laughs coming from Fauques, which soon went into full-blown laughter.

"Well, it's 'bout bloody time ya two confessed ta each other! I was tempted ta lock ya both in cages till ya both made love ta one another!"

"Fauques!" Gabriela squealed despite her throat. She knew what Fauques meant, she was sure he didn't mean to say those exact words.

"By the Gods. I swear it's never a dull moment with you." Salamon shook his head.

"Hey, at least we're not losing a member of our dysfunctional family!" Abbas dryly said.