Knight's Arrival

_____________________________________________

Later the following night Snotlout made his way over to Mildew's house. He bang on the door several times before Mildew answered it.

"Oh, it's you? Sorree, lad but ya blew it. Ah, can't 'elp ya now." He said shutting the door.

Snotlout was shocked. "Now wait a second! I gave you a lot of money and now you're going to dump me?"

Mildew opened the door again. "Welcome ta politics, boy." Then he shut it again.

Snotlout started to bang on the door furiously. "Then give me my money back! Or I'll tell the Chief everything!"

"Pu-leeze! Wot makes ya think Stoick would listen ta ya now? Nothin' is gonna ta make a difference! Ya can't even convince Bucket n' Mulch ta support ya!"

After that Snotlout started to make his way through the dark. For the first time, Snotlout felt alone. Alone and very miserable.

Two weeks after Astrid's return Berk started to lose any of the latest gossip and The Black Knight and his Order was still the foremost and practically the only thing worth mentioning. No one even doubted Astrid for she felt like she had an extra spring in her step when she walked, why she seemed to be in a very gracious and forgiving mood. She even set a personal record for going the longest amount of time on Berk without punching someone.

Besides The Black Knight, people were still talking about the bribe and despite Stoick and Spitelout best efforts, everyone on Berk had heard about it and provided some comedic moments for the villagers.

All of these rumors were talked about around tables and during work. But it all stopped when Stoick made a startling, sudden announcement and left a piece of parchment near the statue of Thor for a Terrible Terror to retrieve.

_____________________________________________

Meanwhile, The Black Knight was in the Main Hall with his Knights, discussing their plans for the coming weeks and receiving reports.

"And Chief Bertha was given her support to our cause." Gabriela finished.

"The chief of the Stone Shield has also given his support," Salamon addressed. "But... he wants to make sure Berk is with us as well."

"Hmm...," Hiccup thought. "This might be a small setback, but nothing we can't handle." He said confidently.

"With respect Sire," Tiberius said expressing his worry. "It's been nearly three weeks since Astrid has returned to Berk. I'm starting to think Berk might be up to something no good."

"I agree with 'em. Berk has yet ta contact us, Hell we haven't even heard from them since the bribery was exposed. I'm starting ta think the plan might be failin'." Fauques said with equal worry.

"True. But just because we haven't heard from Berk doesn't mean they're up to no good, no?" Abbas pointed out. "Remember, we're basically offering them a different way of living, changing what they've been going for centuries. Of course, it'll take a while for them to decide!"

"I understand some of you may have doubts, but when Berk sees that when Chief Bertha and the Stone Shields are behind us they'll have no choice but to...," Hiccup was about to finish, but a Terrible Terror flew in carrying a piece of parchment.

"Sir! Sir!"

"Thanks, pal! Now, what do we have here?" He read the letter and re-read it again, then with wide eyes, he suddenly jumped from his chair shouting, "Everyone! Get your dragons!"