Slowly Progressing

_____________________________________________

"Nice job Astrid." Gabriela congratulated as Astrid and Stormfly exited the Arena.

"Thanks," Astrid replied standing in front of the group.

"Okay Astrid you win the contest and Ruffnut, Tuffnut you two are in second place as if now." Hiccup informed.

"Fishlegs, Snotlout do you want to try and give it another shot?" Hiccup asked looking at the two.

"I really don't think that's safe," Stoick said looking at his ex-son carefully.

"It is. I'll make sure of that and anyways your Vikings can certainly take care of danger." Hiccup replied turning his back to his ex-father.

"Okay Fishlegs you're going back in first." Hiccup said patiently.

"Wait shouldn't I get to know more about the Desert Wraith or the Monstrous Nightmare?" Fishlegs asked.

"Oh come on! You've been in Gobber's classes with me, so you know the drill. I believe in learning on the job." Hiccup dismissively said.

"Oh, so ya were listening after all." Gobber said crossing his arms.

"Of course, that's how I found out how to train Toothless." Hiccup stated not turning around to look at him. "Go on Fishlegs." Hiccup said pointing at the Arena.

"Okay." Fishlegs nodded then walked into the Arena.

"Fishlegs just don't be afraid." Hiccup reassured.

This time Abbas and Sahara were standing in the Arena, waiting for Fishlegs. Sahara immediately flew towards Fishlegs and landed right in front of him. Fishlegs held his hand out and waited for a response from the dragon.

Sahara sniffed his hand then tentatively pushed her snout into his palm. Fishlegs smiled and started to pet her.

"Scratch her underneath her chin!" Abbas called out to Fishlegs. He did and immediately Sahara fell over and her right rear leg started twitching like a dog would.

"Good, now Snotlout you're going in after me and the Twins." Hiccup said gesturing to them to follow him once Fishlegs, Abbas, and Sahara were out of the Arena.

"What do ya think Stoick?" Gobber asked watching as Hiccup talked to the Twins.

"I still think this is too dangerous," Stoick replied.

"No way, 'Iccup has this under control." Gobber firmly stated.

"But-"

"In fact, they probably know more 'bout dragons than we do." Gobber interrupted.

"Sure... but it's not-"

"Jest look wot happened ta mah son! It's not safe ta train these dragons!" Spitelout interrupted still angry after the surprise he got earlier.

Stoick didn't try to talk anymore, knowing that Gobber will be going at this for longer than he could keep up. He looked back down into the Arena, paying close attention to the group that was down there.

Hiccup gestured to Salamon and he pulled the lever to the Zippleback's cage. "Now Tuffnut stand over here and hold out your hand. Ruffnut go stand over there and do the same thing." Hiccup instructed whilst standing between them. "Barf go there. Belch go there," Hiccup said to the dragon pointing both ways.

The heads went the way they were told and stared at each Twin. Hiccup grabbed Tuffnut and Ruffnut's hand. The dragon pressed their snouts into the palm of their hands.