Tales From the Beginning

_____________________________________________

Astrid walked into the Great Hall when she heard the surprised gasps. "Stoick must've told them." Astrid thought as she sat down with her friends.

"That traitor!"

"We don't need him in our midst!"

"Why haven't you attacked him on the spot!?"

"We're not attackin' 'em because he's ta leader of those Knights. If we attacked 'em then that would be a declaration of war." Gobber said standing up.

"Thank you Gobber. Hiccup had told me about... Drago Bludvist. If those Knights fail then Berk will be first on Drago's list and-" Stoick said but was interrupted by Mildew. "That traitor will be ta end of us; Stoick 'e' don't need dragons flying 'round us! I thought 'e' killed dragons not train 'em!"

Even though most of the people loathe Mildew, they did agree to what he said. There were even murmurs about what Mildew said and most of the people were nodding their heads in agreement. "As long as we don't attack Hiccup, his Knights, or their dragons we'll be safe." Fishlegs pointed out. Everyone looked towards Fishlegs and the others. "And 'e' 'ave to let 'em train five of the young Vikings to train dragons too! Where is this world getting at!?"

"This world gets better and worst every day by the looks of it." A voice said so cold it even made Stoick shiver.

Mildew turned around to see Hiccup at the entrance with the five other Knights. Hiccup had his cloak on so he could conceal himself better. "Well, well, well, isn't that somethin' the runt with his lackeys!" Mildew sneered. Hiccup stared coldly at Mildew and slowly walked towards him. Almost in a predatory manner. Mildew just stood there snickering at the thought of Hiccup trying to intimidate him.

"Ohh scary." Mildew said mockingly. Hiccup then smiled showing his teeth which in the low light appeared to blood. Mildew's eyes widened as the blood drained from his face. The other Knights followed their leader's example and the low lighting had the same effect. Hiccup found out the drinking too much red wine would stain one's teeth red. This little trick made them look bloodthirsty. Mildew stumbled back away from Hiccup and the Knights.

The Vikings laughed at the way Mildew was intimidated by someone who was barely taller than him. Hiccup chuckled coldly and strolled to where Stoick stood and stood next to him.

Gabriela saw Astrid and walked over to her and sat next to her. The other Knights followed her, Salamon sat next to Snotlout, Fauques and Tiberius sat next to Ruffnut and Tuffnut and Abbas sat next to Fishlegs.

Hiccup stood next to Stoick with his head proudly held high, but he only reached to Stoick's shoulders. "Now, I know this is hard for all of you but you have to listen to me." Hiccup began, pausing to eye everyone in the Great Hall. "I'm not lying to you about this and we are truly trying to keep you alive for as you all know winter is the hardest thing for Berk. There isn't always enough food and tempers." Someone then stood up yelling, "How do you know!"

Hiccup's eyes darkened and he seemed to stare off into the distances as memories flashed before his eyes, he quickly shook the images out of his head, then he glared at the villager and hissed. "How do I know? I'm just going to ignore that vacuous question and finish what I was saying before I was rudely interrupted." Everyone went silent as they listened to what he was saying.

Hiccup sighed again before starting again. "I thought that just maybe if you wanted some help considering Drago had used slaves in the past, not only for brutal work but also to make his army grow. I thought that if you fought with dragons you might actually live to see another year." Stoick nodded and said. "The five volunteers were chosen; they wanted to do this, so I allowed them. That's why you can't shoot any dragons down." Hiccup then quickly added. "If any harm is done to a dragon then you'll regret crossing the Knights of the Dragonriders." Only a drop of water was heard hitting the floor.