Hatchlings

A/N: So I was debating with myself whether or not I should have a pic of just baby Nadders or throw one in that includes the other dragons

A/N: So I was debating with myself whether or not I should have a pic of just baby Nadders or throw one in that includes the other dragons. I think the choose was obvious. Does your heart just melt at the sight of them? How can you say no to those faces? Anyways on with the story.

____________________________________________

The Black Knight continued to show Astrid around the Nest for several hours when they finally rested under some trees.

"So what do you think so far?" The Black Knight asked.

"It's... well, amazing. It's hard to believe that such a place would even exist. But what do you plan to do with all of this?" Astrid said.

"The purpose of our Order is for both humans and dragons to live together in peace. Until that day comes, dragons will need a safe haven. One day I hope our Order can convince and even recruit others to our noble cause. I hope that's what you learn and take back; the dragons aren't what you Vikings think they are." The Black Knight said pausing shortly after.

"You see the Europeans believe that dragons are the spawn of Satin, while many Middle Easterns have a lukewarm opinion about dragons, mostly because finding a dragon can be quite difficult. But in The Orient, China, in particular, believes that dragons are seen as bringers of good fortune and happiness and in some of the provinces of China, they even lived with them side-by-side. Some have been living with dragons for a few years to many centuries."

Astrid suddenly interrupted, "how do you understand dragon?" Ever since she heard about The Black Knight's ability to speak to dragons, she couldn't help herself.

"It started a few months after I met my dragon and when you're surrounded by other dragon species you're bound to learn it one way or another and since then it's been invaluable," he said casually.

"Can anyone learn it?" Astrid asked.

"No clue, but I may have a theory about that."

"Careful with your words," Kindling warned.

Hiccup mentally kicked himself, he wasn't aware he was saying too much. In truth, he was glad Astrid was around and listening, but he also knew that this was just one person so he knew he would have to be in front of Berk.

"Anyways," he said quickly changing the subject. "When I read about how the Chinese were living with dragons when I was England that's where my Order truly began."

"So you came here?" Astrid questioned.

"Exactly. At that point, I was a full-fledged Knight of the Round Table." He said. "Eventually I got permission from King Arthur to leave England along with the Knights that were my friends."

Astrid couldn't help but think of Hiccup, about how he and Toothless were basically forced to leave Berk and Hiccup being exiled by his own father.