Mischievous Planning

_____________________________________________

Toothless was watching from the ship as Gabriela and Astrid were talking on the docks. He huffed and watched as their dragons played chase and flew around. The two girls laughed as the Nadder and Razorwhip flew over them doing twirls, spins, and showing off. Toothless was getting tired of being ignored. He sauntered over to Gabriela and gently nudged her, but she didn't respond. Toothless was surprised by her action and so he nudged her again.

"Oh Toothless don't worry now, you'll go flying soon," Gabriela reassured. Toothless rumbled in disappointment and trotted into the plaza. The villagers gave him some fearful looks but otherwise didn't do anything to stop the dragon from walking around. But just then Toothless spotted the person he wanted to see. Stoick.

Toothless quickly picked up his pace and soon raced over to the man. The problem was that he couldn't slow down so he ran into the Chief, causing both of them to tumble to the ground. Toothless pounced on him then jumped off, jumping around with his tongue flying out of his mouth.

"What do you want, dragon?" Stoick harshly asked. Toothless warbled angrily and started to stomp away. Stoick watched as the Night Fury sat down and stared at a tree, letting off a plasma blast at the motionless object, the tree soon had a huge hole in it. Stoick sighed and stood up. Toothless turned around and glared at Stoick as he made his way over to him.

"Don't worry devil," Stoick said standing next to the dragon and staring at the hole in the tree. It was a pretty decent sized hole since it went right through the tree leaving a burned rim.

Toothless grumbled a bit and huffed in frustration as Stoick started off again towards the forge. Stoick then turned around and warned. "Don't get into any trouble... got that dragon?" Toothless huffed again and grudgingly nodded. Stoick nodded and walked away leaving a frustrated Toothless alone.

"Oh, I won't get into trouble... much." Toothless grinned at himself as he ran towards the Cove. "You'll learn the hard way about leaving a Night Fury alone." Toothless chuckled to himself as he when down into the Cove.

Toothless laid down and let the familiar atmosphere wash over him. "It's so peaceful here when there are little people here." Toothless thought, and then a brilliant idea struck him. "If they want to see a devil, they'll get a devil." Toothless thought quickly. Then he raced out of the Cove and back to the ship where Gabriela and Astrid were now feeding their dragons.

"Toothless want me to get Tiberius so you can go flying?" Gabriela asked.

"Not now. I have something important to do." Toothless growled, lifting his head and trotting into the cabin area and quickly disappearing into Hiccup's room.

"I hope these several weeks won't be too hard on him," Gabriela said to no one in particular, as she showed Astrid the best way to get food back from a dragon that has stolen it.

Toothless searched under Hiccup's bed but he didn't find what he was looking for. He lepted over to the cabinets and ruffled through them. But nothing was there.

"Where is it?!" Toothless growled quietly. He went over to Hiccup drawers and he let out a purr of approval as he found the object, or rather, objects he was looking for.

"Oh! This is going to be fun!" Toothless laughed as he raced out of the ship and roared at the Nadder and Razorwhip.

"Espada! Stormfly! Come here I want to tell you something!" Toothless called out. The dragons looked at each other then followed him, ignoring their Rider's calls. They didn't want to miss whatever Toothless was planning, just because the new trainees need to practice training.

"Oh, this is going to be good. I can already tell." Espada stated, remembering the last time she'd seen that mischievous glint in his eyes.  The Night Fury's prank was going to be a good one.

_____________________________________________

"Gobber. Are ya in here?" Stoick asked as he entered the forge.

"Right 'ere," Gobber replied stepping out from behind a wall.

"I need some questions answered."

"Ask away then," Gobber said as he started to sharpen an axe.

"Before all of this, before all of this knight and Order ordeal, who... who exactly was Hiccup?" Stoick questioned. Gobber immediately stopped sharpening and thought for a few moments.

"'E' was sarcastic, couldn't follow orders, helpful, always trying to prove 'emself." Gobber listed.

"I know he was sarcastic and helpful because he got that from you. But how was he always trying to prove himself?" Stoick asked he wanted more details out of the blacksmith.

"Well, he always tried ta do what ya said, 'e' always helped me 'ere, and 'e' was trying to prove himself ta you," Gobber explained as he started to sharpen the axe again. Stoick thought for a moment but then decided to not tell Gobber what was still on his mind.

"Okay thanks, Gobber," Stoick said as he left and started to make his way to the Great Hall.

"Anytime." Gobber waved, and then he picked up another weapon to sharpen. Stoick sighed and made his way over to the Great Hall in silence. But he was unaware of the Night Fury, Razorwhip, and Deadly Nadder that was watching him from behind a building.

"Okay, Toothless what are you planning this time?" Espada asked.

"There's going to be a crazy frenzy when Hiccup gets better but I want to warn Skullcrusher, Torch, Sahara, and Kindling beforehand so they'll be ready." Toothless explained, while his eyes were dilating to the rounded orbs.

"Toothless!" They heard Gabriela calling out. Gabriela stomped over and placed her hands on her hips.

"Toothless you can't just take our dragons away when we're busy." Gabriela scolded, pointing an accusing finger at Toothless. Toothless huffed and bowed his head, not in shame but rather in appreciation of his quick movements to hide the objects under his tail.

"You'll just have to be patient until Tiberius can go flying with you," Gabriela said then she walked away. Toothless looked up and snapped at the two dragons who were now laughing at him.

"Shut up." Toothless grabbed the bag and stomped away from the scene. The two dragons flew into the air and went back to their Riders while still laughing their heads off.

_____________________________________________

"So... what was that about?" Astrid asked, watching as Gabriela walked back to the docks with their dragons close behind her.

"Toothless was just playing around," Gabriela said nonchalantly, grabbing a fish and tossing it behind her where it was eaten in mid-air by Espada. The Razorwhip looked over to Stormfly and gave evil smiles to each other.

"Sure... just playing around." Stormfly squawked.

"They're going to see more than playing." Espada laughed, finishing off her fish.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Astrid curiously asked as she watched the two dragons.

"I haven't got the slightest clue." Gabriela shrugged before jumping on Espada and waiting for Astrid to do the same. Once Astrid did, they both took off into the sky. They screamed challenges over the wind and dived towards the ocean to gain more speed before pulling up and racing each other.

"I can't wait until Hiccups' better." Toothless thought as he watched the teams doing tricks him and Hiccup could've done in a heartbeat. "A few weeks and then they'll see it's never a good idea to leave a Night Fury alone." Toothless mumbled as he continued his search for the other dragons. No matter what this one prank on the Berkians it will be the greatest one of all. Besides, what could possible to better than a bunch of crazed dragons fighting over... well the objects in the bag.

_____________________________________________

Original date published: April 16, 2018

Date revised: ?????