Father and Son Discussions

A/N: Here we are. The last day of Star Wars week, it only felt like a week ago the celebrations started... oh, it was a week ago.

And last, and not least I've dubbed this day:

Star Wars: The Eighth Jedi

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.- Master Yoda

_____________________________________________

The events from the last few days had unknowingly taken a toll on Stoick because he didn't wake up at sunrise as was his custom. He woke up long after when the smell of fish reached. Looking around, he saw Hiccup sitting beside a fire cooking, with the Night Fury at his side, and everyone else, human and dragon alike, stirring out of their sleep.

"Morning." Hiccup said. "Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes."

"What's that stuff in the bowl?" Fishlegs asked.

"Rice. One of the most common foods in Asia, also occasionally used in Spain and the Middle East, or so I'm told. We've been growing it on our Island for many years."

"How are you feeling today?" Astrid asked as she sat down next to him.

"Better, thank you." He seemed more withdrawn today. His movements were much slower and stiffer than normal. The other dragons lept off the island while the humans gathered to eat.

"I didn't know you could cook," Stoick commented, hoping to start a conversation. "But I suppose you had to learn while living on your own, right?"

"Actually, I learned on Berk."

"Oh..." What was supposed to be a conversation only turned into a reminder of how little Stoick knew about him.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Fishlegs asked, hoping to change the subject. All eyes then turned to Hiccup.

"Gabriela and Tiberius came back about an hour ago. I'm told the Twins did a great job last night. And it'll probably take weeks to clean up that mess, and even longer to repair and replace them. So, for now, we're safe."

"Alvin and Drago will have other vessels." Stoick pointed out.

"Yes, but it'll take some time fer them ta be summoned n' arrive... unless they 'ave a dragon as a messenger, which I doubt."

"And do they 'ave any dragons as messengers?" Spitelout asked coldly. Sleep hadn't improved his disposition or his opinion of Hiccup.

"I agree. Far as we're concerned, they don't have dragon messengers." Hiccup nodded in agreement. "So, I believe we've still got time to plan our next move."

"Which is?" Astrid asked.

Toothless looked at his Rider attentively. "I'd like to hear this as well."

"I said we've got time to plan, didn't I? If I already had a plan, then I wouldn't need time to plan it." He slowly stood up.

"Well, I'd say our next move is to go back to Berk," Stoick announced. "I imagine they're worried about us. And you need Gothi to check your back."

"It's in that direction; maybe a three-hour flight." Hiccup pointed. "The skies are clear, so there shouldn't be any problems."

"And where will we put them?"

"Where can they stay, Chief?"

"Hang on a minute! Who said anythin' 'bout them dragons staying on Berk?" Spitelout demanded.