First Lessons

A/N: Well, apparently the website decided to pull an April Fools on me and decided to not work for whatever reason. Wunderbar, (note my sarcasm.) So anywho with no other complications let's continue.

_____________________________________________

Astrid woke up as the three Night Fury calls were heard in the distance, she jumped out of her bed and quickly pulled her clothes on. She looked out her window and was surprised to see that the sun hasn't even risen yet.

Astrid raced out of her house and stopped by her friend's houses to wake them up. She started at the Twins first since it was the closest to her. When she knocked the door was opened by a blurry eyed woman.

"Hello ma'am, are the Twins up?"

"No. But do you want me to wake them for you?"

"Yes please."

After the Twins had woken up they tiredly followed Astrid as she went to Fishleg's house next, they walked into the home without even knocking. For everyone was well aware that Fishleg's parents were gone for a few months because of a trading post they always went to.

"How are we going to do anything if we can barely stand?" Tuffnut complained stumbling out of Fishleg's house.

"Well, let's go get Snotlout then," Fishlegs said as he tiredly rubbed his eyes.

They went over to the Jorgenson's Hall and knocked on the door. "Wah?" Snotlout said opening the door. "Come on Snotface we need to get to the Arena," Ruffnut said yawning. "I'll just skip out of Dragon Training today." Snotlout stated.

"Hiccup won't be happy with that." Fishlegs mentioned.

"So what!" Snotlout snapped slamming his door shut.

"Umm... so should we leave?" Fishlegs nervously asked.

"No. Hiccup put me in charge of keeping everyone on track. And by Odin, I'm going to do that!" Astrid snarled, throwing the door open and stomping inside. The others stayed outside as they heard Astrid grab Snotlout and struggle to pull him out. They all winced as they heard a punching sound and gasped as they saw Astrid dragging Snotlout's limp body out of his home.

"Twins carry him." Astrid demanded, giving them a glare that said: "Don't argue."

The Twins quickly took Snotlout off of Astrid and started to drag him along as they walked over to the Arena. When they got there Hiccup was speaking softly to Toothless.

"You're late and uh... what happened to him?" Hiccup asked looking to see Snotlout being dragged by the Twins.

"Uh... he refused to come so uh... Astrid had to get him... uh out of his house." Fishlegs answered timidly.

Hiccup's eyes lit up with amusement and he laughed which made Astrid's tension loosen up a little. "I guess some things never change?" Hiccup asked standing up and making his way over to the unconscious Snotlout.

"Now... let's just wake this son of a troll up shall we?" Hiccup sighed as he slightly kicked him.

"May I?" The Twins asked in unison.

"Be my guest." Hiccup happily replied, stepping back and then gesturing for them to continue.

The Twins knelt down beside Snotlout and Tuffnut took his hand and slapped Snotlout across the face. "Wah?" Snotlout slurred, his eyes fluttering open.

"I think another slap is in order?" Hiccup guessed.

"Me too." Astrid agreed.

Ruffnut smiled and said. "I volunteer!" She took her hand and swung, but Snotlout was already wide-awake and grabbed her wrist before she could slap him.