Meeting the Knights

_____________________________________________

"And finally, Tiberius the Champion and his dragon Kindling."

As The Black Knight introduces each Knight, they proceeded to remove their helmets and each Knight spoke.

"Enchante, I hail from the Frankish Kingdom," Fauques greeted formally with a slight bow. The man had dark blonde hair and no facial hair. He'd appeared to be in his mid-twenties to atleast early thirties.

"I'm a Saracen and I hail from the lands of Syria. And I'm one of the only Knights who doesn't use a shield," Abbas proudly stated, he had a well-trimmed beard along with charcoal hair. Astrid took note of Abbas's duel curved swords which struck her as something odd.

"Bienvenidos, I hail from the Kingdom of Spain and one of the best hunters in the land," Gabriela proudly stated. The women had raven black hair which had a singular braid on each side of her head, they joined together at the back of her head. She also had a petite build. She was quite attractive Astrid though. But even she knew looks can be very deceiving.

"I am Salamon the Wolf; I hail from the Germanic tribe of the Visigoths." He introduced with a heavy accent. Astrid stared at the man who seemingly appeared to have a Viking-like build but otherwise wasn't by birth. The man appeared to be in his mid to late fifties, his messy brown hair and beard showed telltale signs of graying.

"I'm Tiberius the Champion, I hail from what's left of the Roman Empire and I'm the former Grand Champion of the Roman Colosseum." He proudly stated. Astrid stared at the Roman who had blonde hair that was straightened out and appeared to be almost golden.

Astrid also quickly took note of Gabriela's unusually native language and her use of using a bow as her main weapon, Salamon's axe and Tiberius's sword which she found odd because the sword was shorter than a usual Viking sword but what she found strange was the shields they used. They weren't like the round-Viking shields, but instead, they were strangely shaped.

"But where's your dragon?" Astrid questioned The Black Knight.

"It's better if no one sees my dragon as of yet," The Black Knight calmly stated. "Let's just say... Vikings aren't particularly fond of my dragons' species. But where are my manners? I'm called The Black Knight and I'm the leader of the Knights of the Dragonriders," he said giving a slight formal bow. "But more importantly who are you?"

"My name's Astrid Hofferson," Astrid proudly stated. All of the Knights and their dragons noticed their Leader tensing up a little.

"Well just so you're aware Miss Hofferson, we'll save the diplomatic talk for another time. As for now, please follow me so we could talk," The Black Knight said gesturing to Astrid.

As the pair left the Hall, The Black Knight began to speak Astrid. "You'll be staying here for one week and while you are here, you are my guest and will be treated as such. But while you are here please follow these rules for your own safety. After tomorrow you'll be able to walk these grounds freely except in my Knight's quarters so long as you get permission from them and are accompanied in the same room by the one you're with. And my quarters are strictly off-limits. Secondly, don't go anywhere near the nest, especially if they have eggs or the young. So you are not to go anywhere near the nests unless I'm with you, understand?"

The Black Knight stated these rules very seriously, Astrid nodded.

"Excellent. Follow these rules and we'll have an enjoyable week here."

He first told Astrid that the eating room was the Main Hall. Then showed her the hot springs, where a small Scaldron nest was, the nursery from afar, a forge where Astrid saw a group of Fireworms.