Hofferson

_____________________________________________

"So, Milady, how can I assist you today?" The two were in the forge; Hiccup was making the final adjustments on Astrid's new riding gear. Even from the forge they can hear Mildew shouting about the state of the room he's cleaning.

"I wanted to talk to you about Stormfly's children. Where are they?"

"They're being watched over by other Nadders on the Island."

"It doesn't feel right... having a mother abandon her children." Astrid placed a hand on her hip. "I'm surprised you of all people would allow that."

"Do you think you can handle a few baby Nadders?"

"I believe I can."

"I'll talk to Stormfly about it. She wanted to come here, for the sake of our cause and for their safety. She agreed."

"Still, she's their mother and she's supposed to look after them."

"Be glad Toothless isn't here." Hiccup remarked. "We assume that Night Furies abandon their eggs, perhaps even their hatchlings after a certain point. Well, that's what happened to Toothless."

"That's harsh," Astrid said.

"It is, but since none of us have ever seen another Night Fury, it's likely a moot point. During my travels, I was hoping I'd find a female for him. But alas, nothing."

"Did he ever hope he'd find you a female somewhere?" Astrid asked, hoping to sound uninterested.

Hiccup laughed. "He'd suggested and teased me about it often, but he never pressed the issue. Being a dragon, he doesn't fully understand human relationships, or he pretends to. For instance, the idea of an arranged marriage horrifies him and as he says it, mating for the fun of it." He went back to his work and there was silence for a while. As Hiccup rolled up his sleeves Astrid noticed a nasty scar on his arm. So she asked him about it.

"Changewing Acid. I was using it for carving one day and a Terror burst in and startled me."

"Ouch."

"No kidding. Luckily, it was only a small amount, but I couldn't use that arm for that day." He stepped back and admire his work. "Alright, that should do it. Shall we test it out?"

"What's all that stuff anyway?"

"Everything you need to ride Stormfly: a saddle, straps, safety equipment, and the like. Of course, I might need to make some adjustments, such as the..." As they walked over to the Arena he spoke a lot of technical words that Astrid didn't understand.

Their dragons had spent most of their time in the Arena. It took a lot of pleading from Hiccup and with the promise of lots of fish were made for the initiate's dragons to comply. And due to the fact that the Cove could only hold so many dragons and Berk having very little places to house dragons.

"The others must be sleeping in." Hiccup noticed as the other humans weren't around.

"They look as peaceful," Astrid whispered to him.

"Oh, they are? Let me change that." Hiccup spoke with a mischievous grin. He carefully crept over to Hookfang, leaned over his ear and whispered. "Eeelllsss."

Hookfang fidgeted and kicked his leg in his sleep. "Eeelllsss... mmf eels, hmm yesss lovey... EELS!" He instantly leapt up screaming and set his body on fire in panic. His screams alerted the other dragons to jump with equal panic and collide with each other.

"EELS!"

"WHERE!"

"AUGH!"