The Elder's Advise

_____________________________________________

Once his comrades left for Berk, Hiccup and Toothless made their way into The Nest. On everyone's advice, he was going to receive guidance from The Elder. The Elder always seemed to have the answers for these types of predicament Hiccup found himself in.

The pair went to the outer border surrounding The Nest, to a fairly larger cave entrance down closer to the base of The Nest. Hiccup hesitated for a moment before entering the cave with Toothless following him inside.

The cave was a long passage that went deep into the mountain and gradually got warmer the further they went. Hiccup had only been down this passage a few times in his life. But by now, he was used to the intense heat. Eventually, a red glow was seen in front of the pair, confidently Hiccup followed by Toothless stepped out of the tunnel.

As always the breathtaking sight was something that never got old to the pair.

Monumental in size the mountain's interior towered around them and the volcano's crater was far above them, it dropped equally downward ending where magma was supposed to be, only leaving an eerie red fog in its wake. Along the walls was the long shelf the pair stood on creating a platform above the red fog and Toothless walked towards the edge and called down. Moments later the entire mountain answered in a low rumble and a mighty dragon rose from the eerie fog.

Three mighty pairs of eyes regarded the pair and the fearsome head nodded in approval before turning to Hiccup. They both greeted the dragon by giving a respectful bow.

"You know it's not necessary to bow before me young ones." The voice chuckled.

Hiccup looked up at the dragon to find it smiling. The dragon suddenly lowered her head to his level. "Now, why have you entered my sanctuary?"

"We don't mean to intrude Elder, but my Rider has come before you to discuss a matter of importance," Toothless respectfully said.

The Elder turned her gaze towards Hiccup and studied him for a moment before questioning him. "It has come to my attention the Island has been busy lately has it not? Tell me, what's troubling your ailing mind."

Hiccup turned to Toothless who nodded slowly. He sighed and began to tell The Elder what had transpired throughout the weeks from his offer to Berk to Astrid's week on the Island and to Stoick's letter.

"Intriguing. And you still have feelings for your mate, this so-called Astrid, yes?"

Hiccup was thankful The Elder couldn't see his face because he started to blush. "Yes, I do. But remember I was banished from Berk and my Knights say I should focus on bringing peace to Berk and to the dragons."

"Well, that's what your Knights want, but what is it you truly want?" The Elder questioned intently.

"I wanted to tell Astrid everything, I even wanted to show her who I am. But I can't because of Bludvist as well as if Berk knew who The Black Knight truly was...," Hiccup answered honestly, but was hesitant.