•3•

Your apartment with Joji.
11223
»
»
»
     My alarm went off at 6:00am. I flipped over and got ready to start a regular day until I heard a deep groan. "Turn it off... just like 30 more minutes..." I turned off my alarm and lightly shook Joji. "I have to go to work. I'll be back at 3:00pm." I walked into my bathroom and took a shower, then brushed my teeth. I peaked my head out to make sure he wasn't looking, then I got my panties and bra along with my work uniform. I shuffled back in and got dressed. Soon, I grabbed my backpack and walked out.

***

I was at the cafe. Business was slow so I was mostly talking to my friend, Brooke. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. As usual, no new notifications and it was 2:58pm. After the longest two minutes of my life, I left and went back home. Upon entering, I still heard snoring. 'God, how long does he sleep?' I put on some sweatpants and a long t-shirt, then climbed into bed, almost immediately passing out. Three hours later I heard a small tune, then a similar voice singing.

     "The pitter patter gave a rather rinse and lather feeling as opposed to shitty attitudes that made me bitter after laughter.
     I dearly regretted it. I take the D train to go to BK
     I can't defeat rain."

There was a paused, followed by sounds of glass, people chatter, cafes, rain, and too many more to name.

"And as far as we go.
And as far as we go.
And how little we know.
Searching for the weekend love,
Searching where the leaves don't fall.
When the land is widow
Fall to the ground."

     It paused. I didn't turn over, I just stayed facing away. "No that sounded good. Put it back on." I felt the bed move a bit probably where he jumped. "No. The song sucks." He protested. You turned over and sat up.

"One: is that my computer? Two: You have the PornHub tab still open. And three: You don't put time into this music. Your opinion sucks. Whoever that was sounded like an angel."

"Okay. One: I got my computer from my room. Two:" he clicked the "X" on the porn tab. "Thanks. And Three. Oh my lovely three. I love you so much." He turned his computer towards me where I saw a small box in the corner. A picture of Joji. Right below it read "Joji - Thom."

     You looked up at him, only to see a cheeky smirk. You sat there in silence, being amazed. He makes music. 'He's a singer. That's so hot. He's so hot. Oh wait. Whoa where was I going with that.. I'm not really attracted to him... am I?' You were pulled from your thoughts by hearing his voice. "You good?" You shook your head slightly and started blushing. "Oh uh yeah. I'm good. Just a little stunned. I thought you were like. Those guys who drink but then go home and play ukulele." He stared at you for a second before speaking again. "How'd you know I play ukulele...?" You stayed silent, kind of embarrassed. "This is gonna sound like a stalk you, but I hear it sometimes through the wall. Sometimes early in the morning. Other times late at night. Then I usually hear you swear. And a wood tapping like you put it down. There was one night pretty recent that I heard you throw it." He chucked nervously and wiped his palms on the pants he was wearing, then scratched the back of his head. "Yeah. I threw it and broke it. I want to buy a new one but they're so expensive." He groaned and fell back onto the pillow. I swiftly grabbed his computer because a song caught my attention. "What's 'World$tar Money'." He slowly turned towards me. "That was the song I used a ukulele in. I could play it for you if you have a guitar or something." I looked around and quickly remembered that I had a ukulele that my mom gave to me. I reached my hand under my bed and brought up a dusty wooden case. "Here. You can have this one... It means a lot to me but I'm ready to give it up." He looked at me, then down at the small box. He opened it and pulled it out, starting to play. It sounded beautiful.

"I looked at you and said, oh oh oh.
Don't hate me, am I crazy?
So tenderly you watch me burn, you watch me burn oh.
So tell me, am I crazy?

He hit on the ukulele to make an empty, hollow sound. There was snapping here and there.

"Cause I do, cause I do.
Cause I do, cause I do.
Cause I do, cause I do."

"Oooo~
La, la la la la la la la la la la la (goddamn)
Oooo~ (oh)
I don't know anymore.
I don't know anymore."

(If you wanna hear it)

He put the ukulele down and sighed. "I know. I know it's ba-" He was cut off by me tackling him. "Shut up. It was beautiful." He hugged me tightly, inhaling deeply and mumbling. "This is all I've ever wanted from you." I raised my eyebrow and stayed quiet. But he finally spoke out loud. "How'd you like to join me for dinner?" My breath hitched. It felt like everything was frozen.

"I'd love that."
»
»
»
Ugh. Follow me on Instagram @squiltts
~Word count<>943