Chapter 44

Harry and I were going to the US to meet with the President and for Harry to over see the plans for the Invictus games this year in Orlando. We were being Dane with us so we could celebrate his birthday in Orlando.

My baby was asleep in the chair next to me.

"He's precious," Harry whispered to me.

I took my phone and took a picture of Dane.

"Three more days and he'll be a year old. It's hard to believe it's been a year." I said.

"It's shocking," Harry said as he put his arm around me.

We landed in Arlington, Virginia, which wasn't even ten minutes from DC. Dane was still asleep so I picked him and his blanket up and kept the blanket covering him. Harry pushed me down the terminal where Connor and Kenton were joined by two more security guards.

We went through the airport and got the car waiting for us. When we got in the car. I kept Dane covered, because I didn't want the Paps camera flashes to wake him.

"So when we get to the penthouse, we'll get settled in, Nanny Sylvia is already there and waiting for us. So she'll be with Dane while we visit with The Vice President and his wife. We'll discuss the Invictus Games with them. Then back to the Penthouse to get Dane and Nanny Sylvia, then The Oval Office where Harry will meet with The President and Felicity you and Dane will be meeting with The First Lady." Marcus said going over our schedule .

"Alright then." Harry said.

When Dane was safely with Nanny Sylvia. I changed tan and black floral patterned dress. Martha gave me my coat and I put my arms thought the sleeves then she helped up and I held on to my walker as she did the buttons. I sat. All down and she changed the foot on my prosthetic to acomódate my heels. I brushed through my hair again before we left.

We went to our meeting with the Vice President and his wife before we went back and got Dane

"Dada." He pointed at Harry and we walked in. He toddled over to us and I picked him up.

"Can you say Mumma?" I asked.

"Mumma," he smiled.

I gave his head a kiss.  Harry crouched down to Speak to Dane.

"Now, Dane you have to behave. Listen to Mummy and be the good boy we know you are." Harry said.

Dane nodded and gave his a smile.

"Alright, I think we're ready." I said.

We went to the White House and met President Obama and the First Lady. We shook their hands as press took took our picture.

"It's good to see you again, Duchess," Obama said.

"Good to see you again." I said.

Then I shook Michelle's hand. "And hello, cutie." She said to Dane who hid his face in my coat.

"Come on Dane Say hello." I said.

He peeked a Michelle and waved.

"He's not usually this shy." I said.

"It's fine, I completely understand." She said.

Michelle and I went I to a back room away from the press. While Harry and Obama stayed and talked.

"How have you been?" Michelle asked.

"I'm well," I said as I helped Dane down.

He ran over to the couch and crawled up. Michelle went over and sat next to him.

"Has he gotten to be a hand full yet?" Michelle asked.

"Not yet, but I know he will definitely figure out how to use my wheel chair to his advantage." I said.

"Now I heard you were training for the Invictus Games." Michelle said.

"I am, for track and field. I actually qualified for the last Games but I broke my elbow and wouldn't race." I said.

"Yet you only appeared for two days. Where did you go?" She asked.

"My granddad had a stroke and I needed to go to York." I said.

"Did he get better?" She asked.

"No, he died." I said as I picked at my finger nails. Dane climbed off the couch and came over to me.

We chatted till Harry and Obama came back.

•••

Harry pushed me up the ramp to the party. We spoke with some of the guests, all were very excited about the games.

"This is The musical group that's going to preform later tonight, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and their daughter Maggie" Martha said.

"Nice to meet you," Tim said as he shook Harry's hand. I shook Faith and Maggie's hand.

"Nice to meet you, three," Harry said.

"It's an honor to meet you two also." Tim said.

"Princess, your story is so inspiring. It has not only inspired myself but also my daughters." Faith said.

"Thank you," I said.

"I see life as a shark." They gave me confused looks. "A shark must constantly be moving to survive. They literally have to keep moving forwards to continue to live."

"A lot of other disabled people also see life like that. You may have been hurt but you can't stay down." Harry said.

"There is very little that can stop her," Harry put his hand on my shoulder.

"We look forward to your performance tonight." I said before we moved on.

•••

Harry pushed my through Disney World. We only had an hour here before we had to leave. Dane was engrossed by all the people and colorful things everywhere. Harry also seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Last time I was here, I was with my mother." Harry whispered to me.

"Now we continue to make our own memories." I said.

We went on a couple rides before we had to leave.

•••

My parents and Clayton and Jamie came down for a small family birthday party for Dane. Even though his birthday had passed we still wanted to celebrate as a family.

___________________________
A/n: I know this is a bad chapter. But I struggled greatly with inspiration for this chapter. It truest is just a filler chapter.
-princess