Chapter 2: Sometimes things don't go perfect

Do you know that feeling when you imagine something so perfect and you hope it stays perfect? You say to yourself that 'OMG this is going to be perfect and nothing is going to ruin it', Yeah well some things are unpredictable and things can go down the drain. And then you tell yourself 'I didn't try harder and I can never achieve anything in life' WRONG!

Bad things happen for good reasons. Don't let anyone or anything pull you down. Your best friend betrays you and your left heartbroken and you may think 'I'm not good enough' but people leave all the time. They come and go but; the second best friend is even better than the first one.

9 year old Chloe POV:

I was running home from the shopping centre and instead of going to my ladder I walked straight to the front door.

Now I and Kevin can celebrate my 10th birthday soon!

And I can be allowed to call him Daddy!

I opened the front door and see Kevin.

"Kevin! I got you-" I stopped half way my sentence and I fall onto the ground. I felt a sting on the side of my cheek and I could feel my tears coming.

Don't cry Chloe he will hit you harder.

"You bitch, where were you?!" he yelled at me. I didn't know what bitch meant but I know that it's not a good word. Even if I ask a teacher 'what does it mean?' I got myself in trouble because of that.

I looked up at him and see his face all red.

"I was at the store" I said shakily.

"I bought you a gift" I said with a little hope in me. I hoped everything will go back to normal.

He looked confused and his face softens up a little.

"What?" He says softly

I got up and backed away a little. I unziped my bag and brought out a bag that wrote Citizen on it. I handed it to him and he opened it and sees the watch. I hugged him around his legs.

"Get off of me you bitch!" he yelled at me, causing me to jump back.

He yanked my hair as I screamed. Tears started to form in my eyes. I gave him a gift. Why wasn't he happy?

He doesn't care about me. He never did. He hates me. He always did.

He threw me to the other side of the room and I lifted my head up just in time for him to throw the watch at my face. Tears streamed down my cheeks, my hair all over the place and all I could feel was nothing but numbness.

He came towards me and I just layed there and let him hit me over and over again.

He kicked my sides as I curled into a ball. I put my hands over my head, attempting to protect it against the blows. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that it's all a dream and that my real parents were still alive. When he stopped hitting me I lifted my head slowly and see him. His eyes burned through mine, filled with hatred.

"I.Hate.You. You're the reason that Katy died. It should've been you that died not her." He said gritting his teeth together.

At the name of my foster mum, I slumped back down on the ground with heavy breathes. He took his belt from his pants and lifted my shirt and started whipping me.

"This is for Katy!"

"Your worthless, useless piece of shit you don't belong anywhere!"

"No one loves you!"

"No one will ever love you!"

"Everyone hates you!" he yelled repeatedly as he whipped me hard.

"You don't belong anywhere!" he shouted as he dropped his belt. And went to get something from the kitchen.

I stayed there lying on the ground. I had given up.

"Don't worry this will only hurt A LOT!" he yelled as I looked and he raised the glass bottle and hits me on the head and my whole world went black.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Chloe! Why do you always eat my red skittles!?" Skye yells as I ran around giggling

"What? I love them" I said giggling

"Skittles are not healthy, it's basically made out of sugar, as a test just suck on one and the food colouring, which is also un healthy-"

"HEY don't talk about MY skittles like that" Skye cuts off Zoe

"Will you guys shut it I'm trying to concentrate" Thalia interrupted us all.

..............................................................................................................................................

I groaned as the cold hits me hard. I tried to reach for my blanket but my body screamed. I hissed in pain as I opened my eyes and tried to take in my surroundings and realised that I'm stranded. I pressed a button on my watch to let it glow up. Ugh, it was 5 in the morning and I was left in the streets. I touched my head and I hissed in pain. Ugh, don't touch again. I tried to get up but my side hurts so much it took so long.

When I finally got up, I walk to find the forest. Thank god I still had my back pack on me. I got my torch out and fumbled with it before I turned it on as I made my way out of the dark alley. I walked really slowly since my body ached. A lot. Thank god I had my myki card. I walked down the road to the nearest bus stop. The bus arrives at 6:30 am and right now is 6:00. I couldn't go to school. Damn it; I wanted to stay out of the house. Ever since Kevin hits me I always tried to stay out of the house.

I realised that I was probably a mess and if people see me like this they're going to ask questions. I walked to the nearest bathroom and when I mean nearest its 45 mins away by walk. Whelp better than people asking questions.

Kevin always hated me. I just thought that we could fix it. I thought he will love me again. I felt guilty because that watch broke. And the lady gave it to me for free.

I wished I was back in Perth with my parents and my friends. I wondered where my friends were. What they were doing. If they remembered me. I left Perth when I was 7, so 2 years ago. Nearly 3. I missed them. I wished I never left; I wished my parents never left me or my older sister or Katy. I just wished my life to be less complicated, and my problems to be light like a feather. A feather. So light and free. Floats through the air and when it falls, it falls down slowly.

A feather.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

- So this is where Chloe's obsession for feathers starts, it's because she wants her life to be easy going like a feather.

-There goes chapter 2, tell me what you think.

-Please press the star button and comment!

Have a lovely day!

XOXO-Cleo