Chapter 37: Just let it be.

Instead of holding onto things, harms us more. Like a rope tied around your wrist because you refuse to let go. It stings and it burns. Let it go. Whatever happens, happens. There's always a reason behind it and meaning too. Think about the lesson instead of the mistake. Just let it be.

________________________________________________________________________________

"D-dad?" Nick chokes out as the dark figure walks into the light.

"Hello Nicholas," he smirks which makes me want to wipe that off his face.

"Don't even look at him you bastard!" I yelled. It was getting harder to maintain my anger.

"I said behave you bitch!" Angelo sneered as he walked up to me.

"I don't take orders from dumbasses," I spat and my head swung to the side as I felt a sting on my cheek. I chuckled and faced him.

"Is that all you got?" I chuckled and challenged him. Anger washes over his face and was about to hit me again but he stopped him,

"Relax son," he said as he gripped Angelo's' shoulder pushing him back. My mind was trying to process all the information.

"Brother," he spoke to Conrad.

"You're not my brother." Conrad sneered.

"You're nothing but a pain in the ass, Anthony." Conrad spat and Anthony slapped him.

"You fucker," I hissed and his head turned around.

"Chloe I presume," he smiles.

"Dickhead I presume," I mock him and smirk and he glares at me.

"Watch your manners little girl," he hissed and I tilt my head.

"You watch who your crossing with, bitch." I shot back.

"Why you-" Anthony was cut off.

"Leave her alone," Nick demands.

"Son," Anthony spoke and walked towards him.

"How are you?" Anthony asked and I glared at the back of his head hoping it would explode.

"I was better before you came," Nick shot at him.

"Conrad," I whispered and he's head turned to face me.

"Chase?" I whispered and Conrad dropped his head low making my heart stop.

"Brother I want you to give up the gang and hand them over." Anthony spoke.

"In your dreams," he spat which he got a slap from Anthony.

"Keep your hands off of him!" I yelled and moved my leg. Pain shot up reminding me of the Taser. I winced and he smirks.

"You're starting to get on my nerves little girl," he spat and walks towards me and bends down.

He grips my leg the one that's been Tasered and squeezes it and I feel the pain shoot up but I keep my face calm and motionless. Rule number 1: Never show your weakness to your enemy. I raise my knee really fast and collide it with his chin making him stumble back. Blood appears from his mouth and I smirk.

"Don't ever underestimate me." I deadpan and he gets up wiping the blood from his mouth.

"Get her out of here," he said and had his eyes trained on me and I don't break the stare.