Chapter 45: Let the water flow.

Let the thoughts run through your mind. Allow it to sink in, do not stop the flowing. Then you will truly find inner peace by making peace with those thoughts.

___________________________________________________________________________

I stand at the edge of the cliff and stare down at the water below me. My mind is racing with thoughts about what happened last night. In times like this I wish I had Nick here. He would always give me advice but would always support me with whichever option I chose. He was a real one. Someone you could always lean against and trust. I breathed in deeply as I stare at the ocean in front of me. The waves crash against each other fighting for peace.

What do I even say to him? Do I even say anything? I sighed as I walk away from the edge of the cliff and made my way down the trail which leads to the spot I was with Jason last night. The memory of our first kiss comes into my mind and I inhale a sharp breath. What the hell am I going to say? It's obvious he doesn't know who I am else he would've ran for the hills. No one is that stupid enough to hang around a serial killer. So if I do say anything. He will leave me. I will lose him.

I don't want to lose him. But who would want to be with me? I'm a horrible person. He would be much safer without me. I need to tell someone. If only Nick was here. I reached out for my phone and took a deep breath before I clicked the number. The line rang for a while until they finally answered.

''We need to talk,''

***

''You did what?'' she asks me as she stares at me angrily.

''Why are you getting angry?'' I asked her as I crossed my arms against my chest.

''You could have gotten exposed Chloe!'' Lexi yelled out of frustration but I could see a flicker of fear in her eyes.

''You are supposed to stay hidden.'' She says as she ran a hand through her hair.

''You're scared. Why?'' I asked her. There's something off.

''I'm not scared, Chloe. I just don't want to lose you again,'' she sighed as she leans back in her chair.

''So he knows,'' she states and I nod.

''Well if you think about it. If he knew exactly who I was he would've left but he hasn't.'' I said and she thinks about it for a while.

''Chloe, everything that had happened in Melbourne, the day where I got you, it was all over the news. And your gang was pretty big. The night when you burnt down your old home was when you were first starting to get known.'' She states.

''Don't underestimate people Chloe." Lexi scolds at me.

''He would have left when he saw my tattoo.'' I hissed at her and got up.

''Chloe are you seriously going to throw away everything we have right now?'' Lexi asks me and I think about it for a second. She has sacrificed her job for me. If the police department found out what she had done, hide a criminal, she would be arrested and might not be able to get back into her job.

Without saying a word I get up and make my way to the front door. I hear Lexis' footsteps come behind me which only makes me walk faster.

''Chloe please just wait,'' she spoke as she tried to stop me. I swirl around and stare at her in the eyes.

''Listen, I won't say anything. You've already done enough to get me here,'' I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

''Just let's get back on track and find our parents. I'll be out for a while.'' I said and turned around leaving her alone.