Chapter 39: Emotionless.

I can't deal with it right now. I don't want to feel it, I don't want to fall down to my knees crying. I don't want to feel the unbearable pain anymore. I can deal with it now or ever. Feel no pain. Show no pain.

________________________________________________________________________________

We drove past the neighborhood and it was barely anything just open land. Some were farms while others just had houses with big open land. I didn't mind it but I really did miss Melbourne and the gang. But I need a distraction so finding my parents is one. The car comes to a stop once a house comes in my view. I got out of the car and Lexi pulled my bag pack out of the trunk and handed it to me.

I walked onto the porch and looked out into the distant. Hope sparked in me once I see a huge forest. I instantly felt excited for my morning runs.

"Do you like the neighborhood?" She asks as she pulls out her keys.

I nod slowly as she pushes the door open and I enter it. It was pretty plain no pictures were hanged up along the walls nor were there any decoration. Just simple and plain. I walked around and scanned the house. Lexi led me upstairs and showed me the study room.

"All the tracking and hacking is done on this computer," she spoke. Something caught my attention and I tilt my head in curiosity as I walked up to the desk.

I pick up the frame which holds a memory I still remember till this day.

My mother was smiling and her grey eyes were full of happiness as she held me in her lap. She looked like me, her dark hair and grey eyes. Lexi was being held by my father who had the same icy blue eyes as her. We all looked happy. What had happened?

"I put it here. As a motivation. To keep searching for them," Lexi broke the silence.

I slowly nod my head and put it back down. I dug my hands in my pockets and sighed.

"I'll show you your room then we can go out for lunch and we have some things to do," Lexi announced and I followed her to my room.

"I kept it basic, cause I don't know what you like but you can decorate it after if you want," she said as she pushed the door open revealing a big window and the view of the forest could be seen. Perfect.

I glance at the single bed which had some cushions and a grey blanket was folded neatly on the bed. On the bed side table was a glass cup and a lamp.

I put my bag on the bed and sighed. My bag felt unusually light.

"Where's my stuff?" I hissed.

"Do you really think we can go on a plane with an iron brander? Not to mention all the other weapons you have in there?" Lexi asked me.

I clenched my jaw.

"Where are my stuff?" I hissed and she sighs.

"Relax I have them with me here. That's the perks of being an FBI," she reassures me.

"Good now give them," I said and turned to her.

"No I can't do that," she said crossing her arms

"What are you? Don't come in my life now and expect me to listen to you. Where were you before?" I hissed at her.

"Chloe I said I'm sorry-" I cut her off.

"You're sorry?" I asked and laughed.

I grabbed the glass cup that was on the bed side table and threw it on the ground and the sound of glass shattering fills my ears.