Chapter 6: Keeping things bottled in

Whenever you have something on your mind it's crucial to let it out. It can be really unhealthy for you mentally and physically. When you know someone you can trust, go talk to them about it, even if things can't change it's good to get it off your chest, before other heavy things come on top of it and weigh you down worse.

Don't keep things bottled up, things will get worse.

__________________________________________________________________________

That was 7 years ago. I was that helpless little girl, always getting pushed around and always getting beaten. Now I'm 15 and a half years old and I'm in a gang. It's been hard throughout the years but I always had Nick by my side. He taught me how to fight, how to handle a gun and a knife. I'm the first girl in the gang and the quickest, strongest fighter in it. When Nick adopted me, he was 18, the Boss wasn't too happy about it but eh. He was always sexist and he thinks that Nick could bust up the gang, but I trust Nick. The only person I know I can trust. He is my brother in the end. Now days I live by my motto.

1. Love is bullshit

2. Trust gets you killed.

3. Kindness does not survive in this world.

Normally the gang kills people but not innocents; we do drug dealing and sell some weapons. Even though Nick taught me how to handle a gun, fight and yada yada, he still will not let me do dangerous missions. He just lets me sit at home and makes me do online school. Like seriously? But whatever.

My alarm goes off and I stop it. 5 am, time for my morning run. I get up and go to my bathroom and start to wash my face gently with cold water and brushed my teeth. Next I changed into cleaner clothes. While I was wearing my black t-shirt I see my scar right on the side. Kevin. He doesn't haunt me anymore. I can totally take the dickhead down. I look at my tattoo I recently got. It was a feather tattoo with birds coming out of it. I always loved feathers; this tattoo represented how I always wanted my problems to be light like a feather and easy going. I also have a small star tattoo on my wrist to express my love for stars.

Other the fact that I'm still looking for my parents; I can pretty much take care of myself. I sigh as I change into a black t-shirt and black leggings. I put on my grey hoodie and tie my hair into a high pony tail. This is the gangs' house, it's an abandoned warehouse and it's a 3 story one. This is my home and it always will be. It's also near the forest where I used to always go, and I still do.

I grab my phone out of the charger and look for my earphones. Throughout the years, music has always been there for me. Whenever I'm down I always listen to it, when I'm stressed out it calms down my nerves. I put my earphones in and listen to Lions in the wild by Martin Garrix. Love that song. While I was humming the lyrics I swing my bag pack on and head downstairs into the kitchen.

Looking out for a new horizon

Reaching out, I can almost see the place 

Holding on with a heart that's frozen

In the dark, but I am not afraid

No, I am not afraid.

I grab my water bottle from the fridge and shove it in my bag as I head for the back door. The warehouse is basically in this area where it's deserted. So no one will expect anyone living here. Once I'm in the backyard I climb over the fence and walk deeper into the dark forest. I know my way in and out of the forest since I've known this place since I was 9.

I want to go and visit Perth to see all my friends. Skye, Zoe and Thalia. I miss them all and I want to see them again. They were like sisters to me. Once I reach my spot I pull out the rug I still use ever since I was 9 and lay down on it. Gazing at the sky, since it was still dark I could still see the stars. Every day I come here and look at the stars. I always had a thing about stars, that's why I decided to have a tattoo on my wrist.

I normally go to underground fighting every night, yet Nick will still not let me do other things. But he doesn't know I go. I still remember the look on his face when I got my 3 tattoos. It was priceless. I chuckle at that memory. I went to an illegal tattoo place and got them there, along with a belly button piercing. He wasn't too happy about that either, but in the end, he respected my opinions, except the tattoo. He kept going on how young I am to get one yadda yadda.

Nick and I have been through a lot. Whenever I would fuck up in training I would give up and he was always there for me.

Flashback: 10-year-old Chloe POV:

It was a Monday and as usual we start the day with training.

"Chloe, try and focus on the spot you punch and try and keep it in the same spot" Nick says

I focus on the punching bag and punch. But it hurts, how do people punch these punching bags?

"Oww." I hiss in pain as I try to rub my hand but the stupid glove is in the way. How do people even fight with these? I can't even lift my hands properly.

"Nick, I can't do this." I whine

"Hey, Chloe you can. You just need to believe in yourself." Nick says as he puts his hands on my shoulders and gives them a squeeze.

I sigh and try it again and again until I got used to it over time.

"Never give up without a fight." Nick says with a smile on his face and ever since then I always repeated those words in my head.

Flashback end

I sigh as I get up and pack all my stuff away. Its 6:00 now the sky has become a bit brighter and the sun is going to rise at 7:30. I swing my bag over my shoulder and start jogging deeper into the forest. There's this spot around here somewhere, it's a plateau. There's a trail that I normally take and I can see the sunrise better. I find the trail and jog the way.

And when I found the spot I was just in time for the sunrise.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note: 

Heyyyy fellow wattpaders, we are finally in the present!

Tell me what you think about Chloe and i will see you on Monday hopefully.

Please hit that star button and comment it really motivates me and i love you guys this book already has 270 views and #997 in action! 

I'm so happy thank you all or the support and I hope you have an amazing day/night love you all!

XOXO-Cleo

This is Chloe's scar BTW and along with her piercing.