Chapter 26: Vulnerable.

Never show vulnerability to anyone. Especially to your enemies. Don't give any sign of fear or weakness. You will be used and they will hurt you.

_______________________________________________________________________________

As my eyes met those icy blue eyes my heart stops. No, I will not let this haunt me anymore. I kept a calm look on my face and showed no sign of weakness as I squared my shoulders defensively. I'm not going to go just because someone looks like my sister. Facing each other the bell went off and we started circling each other. My eyes drinking Ice position, desperately searching for any sign of weakness. My eyes capture the lack of strength in their left arm. I threw a punch right at her left shoulder hard, making her hiss in pain but throw a jab right back at me but I blocked it by crossing my arms like an X and pushed her making her fall backwards on the ground.

I didn't waste any time as I punched ice in the stomach making her curl into a ball. Her hoodie slipped off a little just enough for me to see her platinum blonde hair. So it is a girl. Lexi? If she is alive why didn't she save me? Why didn't she help me? I was too distracted in my thoughts that I didn't see a punch that struck me in the jaw enough to make me fall and see Ice coming at me but I rolled away from her and jumped to my feet. I felt the pain on my jaw tingle and I hissed in pain.

Now thinking of Lexi, being alive the whole time and not saving me from Kevin made my blood boil. I felt as if smoke was coming out of my ears. I balled my hands into fists as my body shakes with rage. If this is Lexi she will hope she was never alive. I punched Ice in the stomach and she hunched back but I wasn't done yet. Once she stood up straight I didn't give her a break and punched her nose and I could hear the satisfying crack making her groan in pain and pushed her to the ground with all my strength, as she made contact with the floor I towered over her intimating her.

She held her hand up in surrender, pain clearly in her eyes but also something else. I couldn't tell what it was. Her other hand held her nose as she got up and nodded still with eye contact with me and left the arena. My arm was brought up to the air as I could hear muffled cheering. What just happened?

It's her. It's Lexi. My sister.

***

The whole night went as a blur. When I reached my room I looked at the laptop. I sighed and picked up the remaining pieces and chucked it in the bin. I kicked off my shoes and went to the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror I'm met with a dark bruise forming on my jaw I touch it and hiss in pain. Fuck. It was her but why is she here? Was that really my sister?

I watched her leave the gym and when I went outside she was gone. I shook my head; my sister is in Perth not here. My sister is dead. I can't just tell if it's really her by her eye colour or hair colour. I'm an idiot. Besides I know my sister, she would never leave me alone suffering, she would help me. My head snaps to the door as I heard a knock.

"Come in," I say and Chase walks in.

"Hey." He says softly as he closes the door. I take my dark hair out of its ponytail and let my hair rest on my shoulders.

"Hey," I reply back and walk towards him. "What's up?" I ask him as I ran my hand through my hair.

"I should be asking you that," Chase says as he leans against the wall. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Huh?" I said confused. What was the matter?

"You didn't seem right when you won. It's like your body is there but your mind is somewhere else. What's on your mind?" Chase confesses. I stared at him. Oh fuck.

"There's nothing wrong," I say as I kept a calm look on my face.

"Stop saying that. You say that there's nothing wrong but there clearly is." Chase blabs. I kept my face calm and kept eye contact with him. I'm not going to spill anything.

"Chloe, I'm your best friend, just let me help you." Chase sighs. No, I don't need help. I can take care of myself just fine.

"But the truth is, Chloe," Chase starts but pauses. I eye him warily as he takes a step forward to me. Shit. My back hits the wall as chase arms are on either side of my head, trapping me. I kept a calm look and crossed my arms across my chest.

"I want to be more than friends," Chase confesses as he comes close to my face.

"Chase.." I start. I don't feel the same way!

"I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way." I put my hand on his chest and push him slightly away from me.

"I'm sorry, I just see you as my best friend," I confess as I stared into his eyes that were filled with disappointment.

"Chloe, I want to have you as mine," Chase confesses.

"I'm sorry Chase," I say as I avert my eyes to the ground. "You're my best friend beside you deserve someone better," I say.

"I'll wait for you Chloe; I will win your heart," Chase says with determination. Aw Chase. He won't want a broken girl and he won't want a monster. He deserves someone better unlike me.

"Now, Explain." Chase clears his throat and I groan.

***

"Chloe, stop being a stubborn little shit and just let out all those feelings. Don't keep it in, the weight will get heavier." Chase says.

"Nope," I say and shake my head. It's been an hour and this guy won't give up.

"Chloe." Chase groans and hits me with a pillow.

"Oh, you're going to regret that," I say with determination and grabbed a pillow and throw it at him straight in his face.

"Oh no, you didn't." Chase snarls but has a goofy smile on his face.

"Oh yes, I did." I challenge him and smirk.

Soon enough pillows and blankets were flying all over the place.

"Score!" I yell as I throw a pillow at Chase's chest.

"Don't cheer too soon Chloe." And soon enough I was trapped under a blanket.

"Chase!" I chuckle and grab his leg making him jump and fall right on me. well fuck.

He pulls the blanket off of me just enough to see my face as his body is on top of mine. He holds his went with his arms that were rested next to my head. Fuck fuck fuckkkkk.

He caresses my cheek and down to my jaw with his hand until I hissed in pain.

"Chloe, did you put Ice on this?" Oh, thank god for this bruise. He climbs off of me and I stand up.

"Nope but I'll be fine, I've been through worse." I smile but however, chase did not smile at all. He grabs my hand and tugs it towards the door and leads me downstairs to the kitchen.

I yank my hand out of his and glared at him.

"I can take care of myself," I mumble and open the freezer to get an ice pack. I wrap it in a paper towel and gently put it on my jaw. I sit down on a chair and catch Chase staring at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing," Chase says as he shakes his head.

I shrug my shoulders and let out a sigh.

"It's 12; I'm going to go to sleep." Chase yawns.

"Yeah sure man, I'll see you in the morning." I smile and Chase stares at me in disbelief.

"Y-yeah okay, goodnight." He shakes his head and smiles.

"Goodnight," I reply back as he walks away leaving me alone in the dark. And that's when all my troubled thoughts come through the cracks. 

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE: 

Hey guys, what do you think? Please don't kill me.

Tell me in the comments and please vote and comment. Have an amazing day/night. 

BAII.