Chapter 17: Happiness.

Life is like a roller coaster. No matter what, happiness doesn't last forever but that doesn't mean there's no such thing as happiness. It's to test your ability of how you deal without happiness. Will you stand your ground and fight back? Or will you quit and give up?

                       It's your choice.

________________________________________________________________________________

After releasing all my frustration on the boxing bag, I went to the weapon storage room. When I entered I opened the drawers and picked up a knife and ran my finger across the cold smooth blade. I let out a sigh and put it in a small knife bag. I picked 5 other knives all different type of sizes and tuck them in the bag, finishing them off by zipping the small bag. I closed the drawer and moved to the closet which held the guns. I opened the doors and look at each gun. I pick one up and held it in my hands. Doesn't feel right. I pick up the next one. Nope.

I need a small gun that's neither too heavy nor light. It has to be balanced. The only one that I felt comfortable with was at Louis' place. I sigh and put back the guns in their place and grabbed the knife bag and walked out. I checked my phone and see that its 9. I won't take too long. I walk upstairs and put the knife bag in my closet and swung my bag over my shoulder and popped my earphones in and played my playlist.

I dashed downstairs and grabbed the house keys and headed out. I grabbed my skateboard and started to skate down the street. The cold wind hits my face as I looked around the street. Nobody lived on this street, the gang made sure of that. I like it how were the only ones that lives here. No one can bother you and it's just peace and quiet. But at the same time I want to experience a normal life. Having a family going on holidays having BBQ s and just enjoying life. But I'm happy with what I got. I have Nick who's practically my brother and I have Chase who's my best friend. Well I don't know what he wants though. But this is my family. Family is not just with blood. It's about loyalty. Blood makes you related, but loyalty makes you family.

I arrive at the bus stop and sit on the bench waiting for the next bus. I grab my myki card and play with it in my hands.

But blood is thicker than water, I still need to find my family.

..................................................................................................................................................................

"Chloe, how can I help you?" Louis asks as I lean against the counter.

"Can we talk somewhere private?" I say sternly and he nods while leading me to another room.

"What's up?" Louis asks me. His eyes full of concern.

"I like the guns you have here, and I just want to buy one." I say truthfully.

"Oh well, is it for the gang?" Louis says the last part a whisper and I nod my head my eyes never leaving his.

"Well alright. I'll get it." Louis says as he leaves the room. 

I fish out some money from my bag as Louis enters the room with a silver box in his hand. 

He opens the silver box and we see a black gun. I held it in my hands. Not too heavy and not too light. I smile as I ran two fingers across the gun. The gun felt icy cold in my hands as I grip it.

"How much?" I ask as I averted my eyes from the gun to Louis.

"$700." Louis says as put the money on the table.

"Glad doing business with you." I smirk as I put the gun in its box and shut it.

"Stay safe, kid." Louis says as I put the box in my bag and leave.