Chapter 40: Loud Voices.

These voices in my head. They keep getting louder and it keeps getting harder to ignore them. The more I believe in them even though I shouldn't, I do. No music can mute them out; no distraction can help me from ignoring them. Nothing works anymore. It feels as if I'm a bomb ticking. Ready to explode anytime. It's too much, I can't do this anymore. The voices are always there. Waiting for the bomb to stop ticking. Waiting for the bomb to explode.

_______________________________________________________________________________

The sound of my alarm blares and I switch it off making the room go silent. I haven't gotten any sleep since I came back from the forest. Nightmares won't fuck off. The sun's rays shine through the window giving my room a glow. I sigh and get up walking to the bathroom. I look at my reflection and see my eyes a little red from the lack of sleep. I wash my face with cold water and brushed out my dark hair.

Nicks face kept flashing in my mind making me want to collapse to the floor and cry. A sob rises to my throat but I swallow hard and exhaled a breath. If I break now, there's no way I can stop. I quickly stride to my phone and play my playlist on blast. Moon dust by Jaymes Young comes on and I mumble the lyrics as I quickly change into my uniform. I pull the jumper over my head as I examine the mirror. I scowl at the ugly uniform I let my hair down and I pull some knee length white socks on as I slip on some black sneakers. Grabbing my bag and my phone I head downstairs to find Lexi on her phone. The toaster goes off and 2 toast bread showed up.

I place my bag down and grab the toast bread and handed one to Lexi who mumbled a thanks as she started spreading it with butter.

"Chloe, do you remember Skye?'' Lexi asked me and I nod as I spread butter on my toast.

''Yeah well do you mind if you could walk with her to school? I gotta go to work its urgent,'' she spoke as she stood up. I nod and spread vegemite on my toast and take a bite from it.

"I'll just drop you off there, one minute,'' she spoke as she dashed up stairs. I close my eyes as exhaustion hits me. I haven't even gotten a peak of sleep without waking up to another nightmare.

I open my eyes and finish off my toast and take a gulp of water. All of my nightmares are the same. Nick dying, chase winning and the gang blaming me. Enough is enough. I need to destroy these emotions. I can't deal with anything right now. Nick is dead. Since that registered in my head I've completely turned numb. I can't feel anything and I think it's for the best for now. I was so intrigued in my own thoughts until I felt someone's hands on my shoulder making me flinch and stand up a little too fast.

"Chloe you sure you want to go to school?'' Lexi asked me and I nod quickly. I need a distraction.

''Alright lets go then,'' she spoke as she got her car keys and I grabbed my bag. I pop in my ear buds and slide into the car seat.

''They're just down the road,'' Lexi mumbles as her car roars to life and we start to drive down the road.

I watch the forests trees pass by in a blur until it ends and I see a big farm with a familiar house that looked really cosy and vintage. The house was in the centre while the garden surrounded it. Not far from the house was a barn which had a huge paddock right next to it. The paddock was right next to the forest and I could already tell from memory that this certainly was Skye's house. I sit up straightening my back and look out the window as we pull up in the drive way. Lexi gets out of the car and I follow her and bring out my bag.

We stood out on the porch as Lexi knocked on the door. The door opens and a girl came out and her eyes land on mine and her eyes widen. It took a few seconds to realise who she was. Laura, Skyes older sister. She pulled me in a surprising hug and I quickly tensed up. She lets go and turns to Lexi.