Chapter 28: Appreciation

That person you adore ignores you every day and doesn't appreciate you, yet you still try to catch their attention. While those who adore you and actually appreciate you. Those who actually love you and are always there for you when you break down, they are not noticed by you because you're too busy trying to connect with the person you adore who doesn't even care about your existence. You're too busy dealing with heartbreak and lean on the shoulder of someone who loves you.

The world is pretty fucked up. We need to appreciate those people who actually love you and appreciate who you are. Not trying to catch someone's attention who doesn't even know your existence. Sometimes it's better to let go than hold on.

______________________________________________________________________

(BEWARE: Very descriptive violence is in this chapter. Read at your own risk.)

"Okay Chloe, so it turns out that Nigel hasn't paid back." Conrad clears his throat.

"That's because he thinks that because I'm a girl I can't kill him." I spat out as my blood boils.

That motherfucker.

"Well, aren't you going to go and break his nose?" Conrad chuckled and I return a smirk.

"Yep," I replied back as I stood up and went to my room. I pack my knife bag, some heavy rope, and spray paint along with a box. I zip my bag up and change into lack ripped jeans a black T-shirt along with my leather jacket. I slip on my combat boots and tie my hair in a high ponytail. I tuck my mask in my pocket and swung my bag over my shoulder.

I hold my gun and fill it with bullets. I switch the safety off and turn it back on as I tuck it in my waistband along with my pocket knife. Here I come, Nigel. I check my phone and see the time 9:00 pm as I walked downstairs to the door. just as I was about to turn the doorknob I stopped as I heard my name being called out.

"Chloe, you're not walking there." Conrad stops me. I look at him confused but before I could say anything he starts talking again.

"Follow me." Conrad gestures his hand to follow him and he walks away with me behind him.

We walk down the corridor as our shoes hit the squeaky floor. we stop in front of the garage door.

"Here's your car licence," Conrad mumbles as he fishes it out and hands it to me.

"Andrew helped me with that but please be careful even though there's hardly any cops around here," Conrad informs me as he opens the door revealing a striking black Holden Commodore, positioned in the middle of the garage. I gasp as I ran to it and ran a hand across its cold surface.

Its sleek figure makes it look even gorgeous and the colour makes it stand out.

"Nick helped along with the others." Conrad spoke.

"We were going to get a motorbike but this is already risky enough." Conrad informs me.

I shake my head and smile.

"This is perfect, I love it thank you." I thank him as I tear my eyes away from the car.

"Anytime sweetheart now will you just call me Uncle." Conrad chuckled.

"Alright Uncle," I smirk

"You've driven a car before, right?" Conrad questions.

"Yeah I have twice, I'll be fine don't worry," I assure him.

"Alright, then it's settled," Conrad says as he chucks me the keys and I caught them.

"Let's go then," Conrad smirked.