Chapter 3: Love is bullshit

Love is bullshit. Love gets you hurt. People normally say, 'It was true love at first sight' ~Blehhhhhhhhhh. What is even love? How can you find love? All I know is that love is bullshit and it doesn't exist in this world. Well it does. Love cannot be found, it can't be 'true love at first sight.' Love can't be found; it's built. Happy days aren't forever, there's no, 'they live happily ever after,' nope. In every relationship there's always arguments and fights. Love, True love is when even after the fights, the person you love, will always in the end to make up and you guys get stronger.

Every day of spending together you love each other more every second. Through the fights and arguments, if you two don't let that one fight or argument separate you two, then that's REAL love. You guys get stronger.

You can't find love; you build it.

9 year old Chloe:

After a long walk, I finally reached the public toilets and looked in the mirror. I nearly had a heart attack but after a few seconds I realised it's me. My black hair was is all over the place, my lip is was cut but not too bad, and I had scratches all over my arms and legs along with bruises. My grey eyes were red from the lack of sleep and were puffy from my tears. My cheeks were sticky from the countless tears fallen down all because of Kevin. The thought of him made my eyes fill up with tears but I keep them in.

I tied my hair but hissed in pain reminding myself I had been hit by a glass bottle on my head. I checked the side of my head and there was a little blood from the glass but it was just a couple of scratches. I tied it in a loose ponytail and started to wash my face with cold water gently. I looked at my lip carefully and realised that it was from the watch. I tried to wash it a little but it stung.

I sighed as I took out bandages and wraps from my bag and started putting bandages on each infected scratch. It was from the glass that he hit me with. After I looked a little decent, I packed everything up and swung my bag over my shoulder with my Myki card in one hand. I walked out of the bathroom.I walked all the way home thinking it was best because people may have had wonder what a 9 year old is doing all alone so I avoided people and walked. Plus the longer I was away from Kevin, the better.

I still couldn't believe he would hit me. But at the same time I can could see why. Katy died instead of me. I should had died instead. Katy was my foster mum. She adopted me along with Kevin. They loved me very much and I loved them. One day I begged Katy if we can go to the park and she said yes. While we were driving a truck suddenly stopped in front of us and we smashed into it.

Because she was sitting at the front, the impact affected her more. She had really bad internal bleeding and during her surgery she died. I cried for weeks after she died. Kevin had started hitting me from then and on. I thought that he was angry and still sad so I let him use me like a punching bag. But I still thought he loved me. He never did and he never will.

I missed my older sister, Lexi, so much. I missed the way she would look at me when she got annoyed. The way her ice cold blue eyes stared into my soul, and when she would smile or laugh her eyes would sparkle. Just like my Dad's. My mum looked like me, her large grey eyes along with her dark hair. She was a strong woman and very independent but she loved my father a lot. They both were perfect for each other.

I wished they were still here and I never got hit by Kevin. I wished someone was here for me. I just wished I could run away and had somewhere to live. I wished I was still in Perth with all my friends. If they were here I could tell them everything. Ask them for advice.

3 months later

It's been 3 months and Kevin still hasn't stopped hitting me. It was my birthday and I finally turn 10. I hoped Kevin didn't hit me that day. When I went to school only a couple people said happy birthday to me but it was alright. I was used to it since I really didn't hang out with anyone. On the way back home I prayed and prayed that everything will be perfect.

I walked around the house and started to climb up the ladder.

Please don't hit me.

I prayed to myself. I arrived in my room in one piece, I locked the window and closed the curtains. I kicked off my shoes and collapsed on my bed.

I'm so tired. Maybe a shower will help me wake up, I thought.

I got up and went to my bathroom. Thank god I had my own bathroom, if I didn't I would had to go down stairs. I stripped down my clothes and turned on the shower using cold water. I looked into the mirror and saw a small girl with scars all over her body. Why did he had to hit me? It was not fair. Mum and Dad why did you had to leave me?

A tear escaped my eye and I hastily wiped it away. I needed to stay strong. For them. My parents. I sighed and went under the cold water. And let myself have a break from the world.I got out of the shower and started to change into cleaner clothes. I putted on my grey sweatpants, a black T-shirt along with my grey jacket. I normally sleep in sweatpants just to be ready when Kevin abandoned me in the streets every night. I made sure my backpack had everything I needed.

Torch? Check

Rug? Check

Myki card? Check

Extra cash? Check

Snacks? Check

Watch? Check

And some tiss-

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice.

"Chloe, darling open the door."

K-kevin?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

-Hey guys, how do you think so far? 

- Sorry this chapter took long, I will update 2 chapters since it took long.

-I hope you liked this chapter and please hit the star button and comment!

Hope you have an amazing day/ night

XOXO- Cleo