Chapter 22: Frustration.

That feeling when you want to grip your hair and rip it out. We all get frustrated a lot. But sometimes I get frustrated without anything happening. No events whatsoever happened but you feel irritated and want to just give up and fall down to your knees and cry. It's like your screaming for help but no one can hear you. You dying slowly and no one even notice it. Soon enough you realise that you don't need help to get up. Because you realised that you're sinking because of people, so why call help out for them?

________________________________________________________________________________

"And.... Go!" Conrad yelled as I bolted to the obstacle course. I started off by climbing without slipping this time. I jumped off and rolled as I hit the floor, without a time to waste I jump to my feet and ran to the next course the beamer bar. I quickly stood on it and got my balance as I walked carefully but quickly.

I hopped off the beamer and made my way to the tyres. Both of my feet were in different tyres as I quickly jumped from one tyre to another. Once I finished I ran towards the monkey bars. I jumped up to grab one of the bars and swung myself across the monkey bars skipping 2 bars. I let go of the monkey bars as I land on my feet. My breaths were ragged but that didn't stop me from running. This is probably the 5th time I've done this obstacle all day.

I squeezed myself between the rolls stacked up each other and started to make my way to the top. I climbed up little challenges and finally made my way up to the top and tried to catch my breath.

"You failed again." Conrad says as I groan.

"Just kidding, you did good kid." Conrad jokes as he claps and I sigh as I made my way down.

Why is he being so nice?

"What's the catch Conrad?" I ask curiosity taking over me as I eye him warily and cross my arms.

Conrad looks at me and smiles while scratching the back of his neck as he lets out a sigh.

He's nervous?

"Listen Chloe, I hate sexist people. I hate having to be sexist to, but it's the only way to make you stronger. Look at you now!" Conrad confesses. Holy shit.

No way! He's bluffing!

"You're bluffing." I say and roll my eyes. Why the fuck is he acting like this.

"Look Chloe ever since Nick brought you here I knew you were worthy. You were in Nick's arms like a rag doll with blood everywhere. But I could see that you were fighting back. You were tough and you still are. My nephew was right about you."

"I'm not falling for it Conrad and who is the unlucky nephew?" I say in a bored tone. I'm not letting him trick me.

"Chloe, do you really think I could kill my nephew because of something you cause?" Conrad says while smirking.

"Well-" my eyes widen as my whole body tenses.

No way.

"Stop lying." I spit out irritated with his games. I square my shoulders defensively and narrow my eyes at him.

"Do you remember what happened to Kevin?" I sneer.

"That will be you next if you don't stop these lies. Now tell me the truth." I threaten him.

"I swear on my life Chloe, I only wanted to get you stronger and yes he is my nephew. You remind me of my niece so much." Conrad says his eyes held so much sincere.