Chapter 27: Happiness doesn't last forever.

Its as if a storm has rolled in. The grey clouds start to release raindrops, one by one; the sound of thunder fills the air and flashes of lighting brightness the sky. Each tear drops like each raindrop. Each tear has a painful reason to fall down. Once the sky I cleared and the sun is revealed, a rainbow will appear. It shows that stormy days won't last forever. Sadness and grief will not always stay with you forever. But it also shows that the rainbow will not always be there either. Just like happiness.

Stormy days won't last forever nor will happiness.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Sir, you wanted me?" I asked as I entered Conrad's office.

"Yes, Chloe shut the door and take a sit," Conrad says as packs all of his papers except for one document.

I shut the door and sat down facing him.

"Now Chloe, you don't have to agree with this, but since you're in this gang now I would appreciate it," Conrad says slowly and fixes his gaze to my eyes. I nod gesturing him to continue.

"Well, you're an amazing fighter and have an amazing aim. Just one question." Conrad confesses.

"That is?" I ask.

"When you shot Angelo were you planning on killing him or?" Conrad says and watches my facial expression.

"I didn't want to kill him. He hasn't done anything to prove me to kill him." I say motionless.

"But that man who tried to kill Nick, did you kill him?" Conrad asks.

"No. I shot him in the leg which made him black out." I confess. I wouldn't kill anyone just like that. Even though that prick did deserve it.

"Hmm. Why? He almost killed Nick." Conrad asks. I narrow my eyes at him,

"Do you want me to go and kill him? Because now that I think of it..." I say. He does deserve it.

"Chloe, I need your help," Conrad says out of the blue. His brown eyes full of determination.

"What is it?" I ask as I eye him warily.

***

As I put on my leather jacket and tuck my gun in my waistband, I swung my bag over my shoulder and made my way out of the house. I stuffed the mask into my pocket and headed to the address written on the document. So apparently this man named Nigel didn't pay back Conrad and he wants me to go and remind him and give him a little, motivation.

Once I made sure it was the right house I hid in the bushes and opened the document to see a picture of what I'm guessing is Nigel. He looked in his mid-20s in this picture. Says he did a deal with Conrad and took some drugs along with weapons. Ice. I close the document and shove it in my bag.

I put my mask on and walked on the creaky porch. I take a step back and swung my heel against the doorknob, my heel stinging in the process but I ignored it as I pushed the door with force making it hit the wall. I was met with a tall man who stood meters away from the door. He punched me in the jaw making my head swing from the impact but it wasn't hard enough. I chuckled and looked at him. He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"You shouldn't have done that," I say in a deadly tone as I punched him in the jaw harder which made him stumble. He looked at me with anger once he regained his posture.

"You bitch." He growls as he throws a hook at me and holds me in a choker making me not get enough air. I step on his foot and bite his arm at the same time making him pull away. I fall down and gasp for air but I quickly get up only for him to pull my mask off revealing my dark hair that was in a ponytail. Fuck.