Chapter 35: Failure.

That constant feeling, haunting you in your daily life. Telling you, you're not going to get anywhere in life. You're not going to be successful. That no matter how hard you try, you will always fall down. No matter what. It's a battle, to live with these voices. Battling with your mind. That makes you strong. Keep your fists up and keep fighting. At least you are succeeding to fight off the demons.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Every time I get close to something it's always ripped away from me," I spoke and scrunched my eyebrows in frustration.

"This 'boss' is indeed a step ahead of us, he knows what's going on," Conrad spoke.

"Did any of the monitoring work?" Conrad asks Andrew.

"Nothing sir," Andrew replied.

The rat is around. Always near me. My eyes flicker around the room. Who could it be? Who has the fucking balls to betray one of the dangerous gangs? I don't understand this gang is really big. We have a family all the way in Spain; the mafia is Conrad's father. No one would dare to cross our lines. Unless the mafia has fallen too? Psh no way. They're too powerful. Anyone who would dare to cross ties around with them would be the world's stupidest person ever.

"What about your father Conrad?" I ask and Conrad's eyes widen in realisation. He picks up his phone but stops.

"I can't," Conrad spoke quietly and ran a hand over his face.

"We need to leave," Nick announced.

"Seriously?" I asked and stood up from my chair.

"We can't do that Nick, you told me to never give up. You need to take your own advice. We haven't even fought back yet. We have to get ready, for a fight." I demanded.

"We have the weapons and we can increase the security," I suggest

"Chloe," Nick puts his hands on my shoulders and shakes his head. "You and the girls need to leave." Nick spoke pain written all over his face.

I look at him with a straight face.

"No," I spat venomously. "The girls can be taken away somewhere safe but I am not leaving," I said.

"You are going with them, full stop," Nick said

"I am not going," I said motionless.

"Chloe, I think you should listen to him," Conrad spoke.

"I am part of this gang. I am not leaving for shit," I spoke.

"And for this gang to be alive in the future you need to leave with the girls," Nick spat and turned around.

"I'm not leaving!" I shouted and silence fills the air.

"I know how to take care of myself. I have killed two people, I can defend for my gang too," I blurted out.

"You what?" Nick asks but doesn't turn around.

"I have killed Kevin, my stepfather. I have killed a rapist. I have killed these two with my own hands." I said with confidence.

"If someone tries to mess around with my family, they also mess with me," I spoke quietly.

Nick yanks my hand and drags me outside leading me to his room. He shuts the door behind himself. I stare at his back and realise he was. Fuck. He was crying. What did I do?