Chapter 43: Protection.

It feels as if that I have to protect you no matter what. That feeling where I feel the urge to stand before you, against your worst enemy. The urge to fight all off your nightmares. The urge to protect you when no one had done the same for me.

________________________________________________________________________________

I ran into the forest and made a decision that it was better if I steer clear of the streets after that incident. I feel the cold gun against my skin and I pull it out from my waistband as I held it in my hands. I smiled as memories came rushing in to my mind. Nicks face comes to my mind along with Conrad. Chases face comes to my mind which only makes me clench onto the gun and I grit my teeth.

This isn't the end Chase. The advantage I have right now is that Chase thinks I'm dead. I smiled wickedly as I already plan the way I torture him. I stuff the gun back into my waist band and head back home. I climbed up the hand rails and my mind went back when I was 9 and used to climb a ladder just to get to my room in fear of Kevin. I sighed as I entered my room and closed the window. Once I had a quick shower I went back to bed and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm knocked out.

***

I see a little girl with tears streaking down her cheeks and bruises over her arms. Blood went through her shirt as it kept drizzling out. I gasped and reached out to help her but my hand it's the glass. I look at the little girl and see that she has her hand up as well.

With confusion I held up my other hand and so did she. My heart could be heard in my ears as I stared at the little girl. Her eyes full of pain, full of fear making me want to stand beside her and hug her away from any harm.

I lift my shirt up high enough to reveal my scar. And so did she. Except her scar was fresh. That's when realisation hits me when I knew that this little girl was me.

''I'm scared'' her words trembled and my heart broke in pieces when I heard her say that.

She transforms into my older self.

She was holding a knife and smiled wickedly as blood dripped from the knife.

''You killed our brother'' the little girls voice rings as she appears next to my older self.

''You're a monster'' my older self hissed.

''I'm not the same little girl anymore. I've turned into a monster. I don't want to grow up like you'' my younger self voice trembled. Tears began to fill in my eyes as I felt ashamed of myself.

''You killed our brother!'' they both yelled and I looked at them motionless.

''You killed our brother!'' they yelled again louder making me block my ears.

''You killed our brother!'' I closed my eyes tightly as tears threatened to fall out

''You killed our brother!'' I blocked my ears harder trying to ignore them.

''You killed your brother!'' my eyes flew open as pain and anger ignited and merged together.

My fist collided with the mirror shattering it into pieces and I collapse to the floor as tears fall down after another.

''It's my entire fault.'' I whispered to myself.

***

I wake up from the dreadful dream and felt my heart thumping against my chest as I get up from the bed. I look around my room in bewilderment as I tried to calm myself down. I checked the time to see that it was only 4:00 AM and I had gotten back home at 3:30 AM. That was such a long dream how was it a short sleep?