Chapter 32: Memories

Memories, we all have them. Permanently burnt in your brain. Some are filled with laughter and joy while others are filled with tears and sadness. Every day we make memories for the upcoming future. Whether you like it or not they're gonna be with you every day. Now there are memories full of guilt and regret. Mistakes we have once made. These mistakes are our lessons we must learn from.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Chloe, please calm the fuck down," Nick says as I drive smoothly down the road.

"Oh relax big bro, loosen up a little," I smirk but slow down anyway.

"Finally," Nick mutters as he sighs and sinks back into the chair.

"Can't believe it, 2017 is gone," Nick spoke and I nod.

"Time flies," I say as I pull up at the bar. I turn off the engine and we all get out. The warm air hits my skin and I look up at the pinkish sky.

It was around 8:00 pm and the sun was about to set. I lock my car and follow the girls to the club. I already regret doing this. As we enter the reception the smell of alcohol hits me. My heart rate picks up and memories come in. Fuck no, not this shit again. I shake my head and push away everything. I'm going to have fun for once and loosen up. Nothing is going to ruin this night.

The disco ball lights bounce off the walls in a circular motion and music blasts in the room as people move to the beats of the music. Lyrics were being yelled out as people jumped flailing their arms around. People were having fun and enjoyed every minute of it. But is this where we should celebrate New Years? I sigh. Let's just get this over with.

"Come on Chloe!" Jasmine yells over the music as she tries to drag me to the dance floor but I pulled my arms back.

"Dancing isn't my thing!" I yelled. I can't dance for shit.

"Come on, loosen up!" Nyla yelled but I shook my head.

"I'll come later!" I shouted and moved to the stairs. The stairs led me to a rooftop which played soft music. Food and drinks were being served and decorations were filled in the room. Fairy lights strung across the fence giving the room a little light.

People spoke among themselves with smiles covering their faces. I walked to the edge and leaned against the fence as I looked over at the horizon I could hear the waves of the beach hitting each other roughly. I wish I was there.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Nicks' voice pulls me out of my trance.

"Yeah it sure is," I replied.

"What's wrong?" Nick spoke

"Nothing I just wanted some fresh air," I sigh and turn to look at him.

I give him a tight smile.

"Relax big bro," I say which made him smile.

He hands me a cup and I raise my eyebrows.

"Relax its only coke," he said but his facial expression suddenly changes into concern.

"Is that why you're up here? Cause of the alcohol?" Nick stood up straight as he whispered the last sentence.

"No no, Nick I-" I was cut off by Nick.

"Come on, let's get out of here," Nick spoke as he took my hand and made his way towards the stairs.

"Nick relax I'm fine," I said and try to get my hand out of his grip but fail. I roll my eyes at his protective side.