Chapter 18

The ride to the restaurant was just as quite as a cemetery before the screen in the middle of the dashboard lit up with a ring, indicating that there was an incoming call.

When I glanced at the caller ID, they only had three letters on their name which was PJM and then followed by the word Assistant.

Yoongi tapped the green button and soon a voice that barely audible was heard from the other side of the line before Yoongi could even find his earpiece. So he just put the caller on speaker in the next second.

"...sir? Sir? You there?" The voice said and I could notice that he was a little bit worried.

"Yes Jimin, what's wrong?" Yoongi said in a calm voice.

"Oh uhm, where are you, Sir?" He sighed in relief.

"Outside. Why?" Yoongi answered shortly.

"May I know where you are heading, sir? Cause I brought food for you, and I already in that apartment." The guy that I assumed as his assistant from the ID informed.

"I'm heading to Jin's. Who told you to bring food anyway?" Yoongi said as he winced slightly.

"Well it's just me Sir, I thought you might need it since you only had porridge for the day. But you're having dinner, that's good." He said nonchalantly.

I turned my head at the statement while Yoongi's eyes slightly grew bigger before he nervously cleared his throat, gripping on the steering wheel tightly as he tried to focus on the road ahead.

Why couldn't he just be honest for once? I scoffed silently at the fact that he didn't actually threw my food away.

"I gotta go, bye." Yoongi said quickly but before he could ended the call, this Jimin guy interrupted him.

"Wait Sir, you should be careful of those paparazzi remember? Should I go there too?"

"No. You could just fake my whereabouts to distract them so they won't─"

"Wait, you're supposed to invite them!" I whisper-shouted at Yoongi as I pulled his sleeve to catch his attention.

"That's a piece of cake, Sir. Are you going alone by any chance?"

Yoongi glanced at me with an unreadable expression plastered on his face before he looked back at the street.

"No." He answered shortly.

"Why don't you tell him?? We need those reporters you know that." I said impatiently, still whispering.

"Oh I hope you're having a fun night, Sir. Now excuse me so I could keep those reporters and paparazzi away from─"

"Jimin," Yoongi said as he hit the break, causing me to jolt in my seat.

I almost bumped my head against the dashboard if the seatbelt didn't hold me. I groaned internally when I looked to the front where the traffic lights had just turned red.

"Yes, Sajang-nim?"

Yoongi looked at me in uncertainty as he stayed silent for a brief moment. He licked his lips swiftly before turning his gaze to the front and spoke up,

"Don't fake it. Tell them exactly where I am."

~ ~ ~

Yoongi pulled away from the main street as the silence once again accompanied our presence in loyalty. He turned the steering wheel as the car went through a gate and soon he stopped his car on the empty parking spot.