Chapter 42

[Kaia's POV]

It's been weeks since the incident with my father happened. It still felt like it was yesterday, but Yoongi reminded me every single night that everything's going to be okay now that my father live behind the bars.

His soothing words always ringing inside my head and it never failed to calm me whenever I need it. I could tell that he was being extremely kind ever since what happened and barely left from my side. I knew he was watching me and I didn't mind at all, cause he made me feel safe whenever he's around.

"Kaia..."

I sighed out loud, didn't even notice the name that was being called was mine.

"Kaia the class is over."

The voice echoing in my ears once again so I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked up and instantly met gaze with Hoseok, who was already standing right in front of me since god knows when.

Realizing that I was spacing out, I quickly gathered my stuff and get ready to leave while letting out a flustered laugh. "Oh, geez I-I'm sorry I-"

"Are you okay?" Hoseok frowned as he leaned closer and I knew he wanted to inspect my face so I quickly moved back.

"Yeah! I mean I was just- well, I'm fine." I took a deep breath as I stood up from my seat and slung my bag onto my shoulder.

It's been a while since I talked to Hoseok and I somehow being nervous now that we suddenly did. But it seemed like he felt otherwise cause he talked just as casual as he usually do to me.

"Oh that's good then. I'm just afraid that you might get sick again." He said as he sighed in relief.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I said while flashing him an assuring smile.

"I just needed to make sure that you're coming this weekend." He added as he walked me to the door.

"This weekend?" I mumbled to myself as I tilted my head a bit, wasn't really sure of what he was talking about.

"My sister keeps saying that you'd look really beautiful in that dress and I can't wait to witness it myself." Hoseok chuckled slightly as he muttered.

The word sister finally ring a bell to me. It's Hoseok's sister's wedding this weekend and I promised to the both of them that I will be there. Her sister even brought me a dress to wear on that day. So there's no excuse for me to not attending the event.

I sighed before stopping my footsteps and looked up at him while wondering to myself. How could he act as if nothing happened? To think a smart guy like Jung Hoseok being unaware when I distanced myself from him was just...impossible.

"What?" Hoseok stopped as he turned around, slightly raising an eyebrow since he was a bit confused.

"Why don't you ask me anything?" I mumbled softly as my eyebrows furrowed.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" He tilted his head a bit as he responded.

I fell silent as I looked at him. But the longer I stared at him, the more this guilt grew inside of me. "I'm sorry..." I managed to say a moment later while looking down at my hands as I slightly played with my fingers.

Even though I distanced myself from him was for his own sake but still, he didn't know and was probably hurting. But of course he's too kind to even questioning me about it.

"What for?" He answered as he pursed his lips as if he was thinking.

I sighed underneath my breath while frowning, eyes not leaving his face. "Stop pretending like you didn't notice. I know you could sense that I'm avoiding you on purpose lately." I blurted out.