Chapter 50

[Author's POV]

Jimin was anxiously waiting outside the door and his mind kept telling him to occasionally peek inside, just in case if there's something unexpected happened. But there were no sound of his boss shouting nor the girl yelling so he thought that it might be a good sign and that they both might just doing fine in there.

That was when he saw Yoonji running from the elevator toward him with tear stained all over her cheeks, making him missed the sound of shattered glass which actually almost inaudible from the outside.

The little guy heaved a sigh as he rubbed the back of his neck. It seemed like Yoongi's sister had found out about what's going one as well, although Jimin was clearly told by his boss to not let her know because he lowkey didn't want anyone to worry about him.

But then again, who can control the media? People in that field breath scandals and they're surely enjoying the big scoop that Yoongi had about his unfortunate past.

"I saw it on the news... w-where is he? Is he doing okay??" Yoonji bombarded the orange haired guy with questions as soon as she approached him.

It took a while before Jimin finally answered because he tried to calm Yoonji down first. "I'm sorry, he didn't want anyone to know." He sighed, slightly feeling guilty. "He's in his room and I think he's getting better now since-" Jimin didn't even get the chance to finish his sentence because Yoonji immediately sprinting away toward Yoongi's bedroom.

"Right, nevermind." He just added underneath his breath as he let out another sigh.

Only a few minutes later Kaia went passed him as she ran off and Jimin could see clearly that the girl was crying. Confused and worried, he quickly chased after her who's fortunately had to stop because she needed to wait for the elevator to come to their floor.

"Are you okay??" Jimin asked impatiently as he frowned.

Kaia quickly wiped her tears as soon as she saw Jimin's face and nodded quickly. "Yeah." She muttered briefly.

"Did something happen? Did he-"

Ding!

The elevator door opened, cutting Jimin off as a man came out of it. His eyes instantly caught Kaia's face which currently wet in tears, causing him to frown. But instead of asking directly, he averted his gaze and gave Jimin a questioning look which the shorter male responded by shaking his head weakly as a sign that he had no clue either.

Kaia abruptly looked away from the man which was none other than Hoseok. She didn't really want to talk to anyone right now, especially the man who was standing in front of her.

Hoseok on the other hand, somehow understood and tried his best not to bother her. The only thing he wanted to do was to punch his friend in the face because he had a feeling that the guy must be the only one who's responsible for her tears.

"Bye, Jimin." Kaia mumbled softly as she entered the elevator, just as soon as Hoseok stepped out of the cube.

Hoseok let out a small sigh before he whispered toward Jimin as he raised an eyebrow. "Can you keep her safe while I'm dealing with that jackass?"

Just by the look on Hoseok's face, Jimin could tell that the guy was extremely upset so he quickly nodded and jumped into the elevator a few seconds before the door closed.

"I'll drive you home." Jimin said quickly before Kaia even said anything.

The girl just remained silent but she didn't refuse either. She followed Jimin to the car and let him drove her home safely, just like old times.