Chapter 40

⚠NSFR

[Kaia's POV]

The tip of my fingers brushing against the buttons swiftly, right on the number twenty-three before I finally pressed one number above it, exhaling in silent as I watched the elevator door closed.

I closed my eyes as I leaned my back against the metal wall and without me realizing, Jimin was watching from my side.

"Are you okay?"

Jimin's concern voice awakened me as I snapped my eyes open. I gave him a convincing nod but he didn't seem to buy it. I was saved by the sound that the elevator made when it reached the floor. Without hesitation, I quickly stepped outside and then he followed without any more questions.

The apartment was quiet and not a single light was on. I tilted my head, slightly wondering where he was cause I expected him to be waiting on the couch like he usually do, but this time he wasn't. Although I was curious, my laziness told me not to figure it out. So I dragged my feet to the bedroom as I massage the back of my neck.

Only when I entered the room, I saw him lying vertically on the bed, arms spread while his feet slightly hanging on the edge, with a single lamp from the nightstand illuminating his figure.

I dropped my bag to the floor, intended to just let him sleep while I clean myself. But he suddenly rose up from the bed and tilted his head to the side so he was looking right at me while sitting on the bed.

I traced his figure with my eyes and noticed that his shiny jet black hair was incredibly messy, as if his fingers had run through it for countless time. His eyes looked swollen, not to mention his eyebags that got darker and his clothes that were wrinkled all over.

He looked ten times tired than he usually did and it slightly struck my heart. So I quickly walked up to him to make sure if he was alright and hoping that he didn't get sick again cause he might overwork himself at the office.

I stood right in front of him as he lifted his head, looking back at me with no expression radiated in his eyes. I hesitantly put my palm against his forehead but his temperature felt normal against my skin.

He surprisingly took my hand away from his forehead and pulled me closer by the waist, guiding me to sit on his lap.

I looked at him nervously since our face was just inches away from one another, causing my heartbeat quickened. "W-what's wrong?"

He remained quiet but then he landed his lips between my parted one, sucking in some air as he kissed me gently. A few seconds later he pulled away, licking his lips with the tip of his tongue as if he was just finished taking something tasty meanwhile his eyes plastered on my lips.

Maybe the taste of the martini still left on my tongue and he acknowledged it and I couldn't help but to swallow nervously.

But he didn't say anything, instead he attacked my lips once again. His hands slowly sneaking inside my shirt, roaming around the skin of my waist and up. His touch forced me to produce a soft moan the moment he laid me on the bed.

The tension went up as his kissed turned into a rough one, and it lasted for minutes. But it didn't go to the place where it used to lead us, which confused me as to why we're making out as if we haven't seen each other for decades.

The moment his lips left mine, I could feel the disappointment slightly nudging inside my chest, but we definitely need to catch our breath too so I brushed the thought away.

Yoongi stayed there beside me, lying his head on the pillow, lips parted apart as he catching some breath.

Damn he looks hot.