Chapter 28

[Kaia's POV]

"That's it for today. Class dismissed." Hoseok said before the students started to leave the classroom casually.

I was about to shove my stuff back to my purse before I heard my phone vibrating inside that black Balenciaga Yoongi got me a few weeks ago. I pulled the thing out as I checked on the message which I got from none other than Min Yoongi.

[MYG] 5.48PM
What time are you coming home?

I bit my bottom lip as I read the text in silent. My class was over, but I've promised Hoseok that I'll come with him to the bookstore right after this since I kinda ditched him the last time we were there.

Thirty minutes is enough to find a book right?

I thought as I slightly tilted my head and then started to type on my phone cause I need to reply to Yoongi's message as soon as possible. Otherwise, he might get annoyed and then yelled at me, just like usual.

[YOU] 5.49PM
6.30, why?
Sent

[MYG] 5.50PM
Make it quick, I'm waiting.

He's waiting already?

I hummed to myself right after I finished reading his second text while nibbling at my thumbnail, slightly thinking.

"Are you gonna stay here?"

I looked up and found Hoseok already standing right in front of me, causing me to startle and lock my phone real quick before shoving it into my purse.

"Huh? Oh, you're ready?" I said awkwardly as if I was caught red-handed while doing something bad.

"You're the one who seems not ready." He chuckled slightly as he nodded toward my books that were still lying on top of my desk.

"Ah, I'm planning to just carry them. Let's go." I said hurriedly, taking the books and carried them in my arms as I walked out of the classroom.

Hoseok didn't say anything and just followed me afterward. We then gathered at our usual meeting place, which is the staff's parking lot cause we didn't really want to draw other students attention remembering my status as one of Professor Jung's students.

I believe that people will make a fuss about me and Hoseok if they knew that we're actually hanging out together. Just how they made a fuss about me being rich and all when in fact, I'm not.

Didn't really want to waste any more time, I jumped into Hoseok's car as soon as he unlocked the doors while he just followed me with puzzled eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he shut the door behind him.

"Yeah. Just let's go, shall we?" I flashed him a smile as I hurriedly put the seatbelt on.

"Alright." He tilted his head slightly as he put his seatbelt on before he started the engine and drove away from the university.

We arrived at the bookstore a few minutes later. Hoseok started to look around the shelves as he sometimes took out some books and examined them.

We walked from aisle to aisle, scanning through the sections as he was busy looking for a book that I honestly had no idea. But I followed him anyway as I constantly glancing at my wristwatch.

It was already 6.30 but it looked like Hoseok still had not found the book he'd been looking for since we entered this place. I bit my bottom lip hesitantly, starting to get afraid cause if I went home late, Yoongi will definitely punish me and I really don't want that.