Chapter 45

[Author's POV]

The sun was peeking through the horizon before it gradually showed itself in a full display, brightening the whole sky which looked pretty gloomy right before its arrival.

Some inaudible groans escaped Kaia's lips as she tried to move her body. She grimaced in pain once she managed to sit on the bed while her eyebrows creased when she tried to open her eyes.

She trailed her fingers slowly along her neck where Yoongi's fingers grasped around the flesh before, cutting out the route for the oxygen to reach her lungs.

She tried to swallow but her neck was aching. She then rubbed her neck gently, hoping that the pain might go soon. Speaking of pain, don't mention her bottom part. The more she moved around, the more the pain coming back as a reminiscence of what happened last night.

The feeling of her skin burning still evident. The skin that once looked like an untouched canvas now painted in an abstract color of blood red and dark violet, making it as Yoongi's masterpiece that he wasn't really proud of.

Struggling a bit to get out of the bed, she fixed the strap of her red silk rope which she didn't remember when she put them on because Yoongi was the one who covered her body with the fabric after she fainted last night.

Kaia seemed to not really bothered by her condition that she forced herself to walk toward the bathroom, taking a quick shower and then dressed herself properly since she didn't want to be late for her classes.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror as she tried to clean her head from the thoughts of how Yoongi treated her last night. But as soon as her eyes landed on the marks around her neck, the awful memories that she had experienced a long time ago suddenly flashing inside her mind.

...is he really different?

Her tears slowly streaming down her face without her realizing it. All this time she thought that Yoongi is so much different and way much better than the man who used to abuse her. But after what happened last night, she wasn't really sure anymore.

The knob of the bedroom door turned as Yoongi pushed the dense wood to make an entrance toward the quite place. He was intended to check up on Kaia, just in case if the girl had woken up. But his eyes immediately filled with worry once he found out that the bed was already empty.

Yoongi rushed himself to the bathroom, and the thumping sounds of his footsteps eventually pulled Kaia back to reality. She then quickly wiped her tears but paused for a brief moment when she suddenly heard an unexpected thing coming from the guy.

"Baby?" Yoongi raised his voice slightly, expecting to see the girl's face as soon as he opened the bathroom door but she wasn't there.

Really? Now? She huffed as she fixed her hair before she walked out of the closet slowly since her body was still aching here and there.

Only when Yoongi saw her walking out of the closet he could finally breath in relief. On the other hand, Kaia wasn't really in the mood to even talk to him that she just walked straight to her desk and didn't even spare him a glance.

Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed as he watched her treating him as if he didn't exist. The girl ignored him casually and was busy grabbing some books instead. Which of course, he loathe it.

"Where are you going?" Yoongi asked and his eyebrows furrowed slightly as he watched her shoving the books inside her bag.

She remained silent as if she couldn't hear what the other was saying. The male sighed as he grabbed her arm, very carefully this time. It was as if he was holding a piece of glass and afraid he might broke it to pieces if he's being too harsh.