Chapter 38

[Author's POV]

"You still haven't found out who it was??"

Yoongi's fingers crumpled the edge of the paper that he just signed, not minding about the contract that might be canceled just because he cared more about something else─which in his opinion was slightly more important.

"He ordered through phone but the number is no longer active, Sir. Plus, he paid with cash. It's kinda weird but I think this person doesn't want to get tracked." Jimin explained briefly as he tilted his head.

"What about the CCTV?"

"I've checked Sir, and this is all we could get." Jimin shoved his iPad to the table as a video began to play, showing a guy who wears a hat and a mask entering the place casually and left as soon as he picked up the flower.

Yoongi's eyes squinted as he watched the clip, while his grasp on the paper became tighter. The guy on that video clearly tried to hide his face from the camera and it made him became even more curious.

Who the fuck are you?

Why did he have to send the gift secretly? What's the worst thing that could happen if he got exposed? Could it be that he had other intentions behind his action? A bad one perhaps? If what he assumed was true then Kaia might probably be in danger at this point.

"Jimin, I want you to watch her. Take her to the university and then bring her straight back to the apartment when she finished. And if she needs to go somewhere, make sure that she's always on your watch." He ordered sternly, eyes piercing through the paused screen.

"Do you mean I have to follow her around, Sir? I don't think she would like that idea..." Jimin said hesitantly as he frowned.

"And do you think I need her approval?" Yoongi snapped and Jimin quickly shook his head as a no. "Fuck it! I have a bad feeling about this. This guy is too suspicious." He slammed his palm against the iPad's screen, causing Jimin's body slightly jolted out of surprise.

"W-what about my work here, Sir?" Jimin muttered as his voice slowly turned into a whisper.

"I could use some intern, don't mind me." He said nonchalantly.

"If you said so, Sir." Jimin nodded.

The dark haired male then lifted his eyes to meet Jimin's before his eyebrows curved a little when he saw his assistant still standing there. "What are you waiting for? Go! Her class will finish around three." He snorted impatiently.

"Y-yes, Sir!" Jimin exclaimed as he rushed himself out of the room because having his boss yelling at him is on the list of his least favorite thing that ever happened in his life.

~ ~ ~

[Kaia's POV]

I opened my locker and found my phone screen already lit inside. I had an exam earlier and phones are forbidden by the lecturer, so I left it there. I grabbed the thing and found out that I had a few missed calls from a number that I didn't even recognize.

Just when I was about to shove it inside my bag, it vibrated. Since I was too lazy to check on the caller ID, I just took the call without even bother to look at the screen while stacking some books as I did.

"Hello?"

"Oh you finally answered."

My heart stopped for a second as the voice echoing in my ear and the book almost slipped out of my fingers.

"It's been a while isn't it?"

"Y-you..? How did you─" I gulped nervously, eyes wide as the image of the voice owner flashing before my eyes.