1. Coffee

**JAE EUN'S POV**

Today I decided to wear a plain white button up shirt, tucked into a black pencil skirt. I grabbed my bag and my camera, and quickly rushed inside the kitchen to grab an apple. I took a bite of the apple, and held it in place in my mouth. Then, I grabbed the car keys from the living room and slipped my shoes on.

Yes, I did all of this whilst having an apple in my mouth.

Also, I am late again.

I held the apple back in my hand and released a soft sigh. "Ara! I'm leaving for work, okay? See you later." I told her loudly.

The girl didn't even respond, she just further cuddled herself into the sofa. I couldn't help but to roll my eyes at her laziness. She really was lucky that her grandparents are filthy rich. Though she's already an adult, they kept her spoiled and still gave her money every month just so she can live on her own in an apartment and pay rent.

She truly is so lazy that most of the time she doesn't even make it to her bedroom. She's always sleeping on the couch. She practically lives there! Apparently, it's too much of a walking distance from the front door to her bedroom, and she doesn't want to bother.

I shook my head at the person I called my 'best friend', and finally exited our apartment. I made sure that I locked the front door then, I quickly made my way towards our shared car. Unlike her, I have to work my butt off to earn money and pay my bills. I literally do not have the cash to purchase my own car even if I wanted to.

I inserted the key all the way into the ignition, and started the car. I slowly backed out of the driveway, and finally drove my way to work.

~*~

The moment I stepped foot inside the office, a very loud voice immediately entered my ears. "Lee Jae Eun." He exclaimed while crossing his arms against his chest.

I smiled sheepishly at the older man, and began to repeatedly bow my head. "Aish! You're late again." He said while shaking his head at me.

At this point, I didn't know if I should even feel ashamed anymore. This has happened so many times that I've just gotten used to it. I don't know why I always ended up being late, it just happened naturally.

My boss gave me an annoyed look, and nodded his head towards his own office that was located at the side of the room. I followed him inside, and heard the door shut behind me. I was wondering if an apology would make any difference, but it seemed like he would only find it insincere.

"Why are you always late? Do you want me to fire you?" He suddenly asked once he was seated on the chair behind his desk.

My head immediately snapped up from his statement, and I shook my head no. "Sorry, Mr. Kim! You know I don't do it on purpose. Please don't fire me." I told him while giving him a pleading look. "I don't mean to be late all the time. I'm really sorry Mr. Kim, I love this job." I said as a soft sigh escaped my mouth.

It must be a wonder how I managed to keep this job even though I'm almost always late. Well, not to brag, but I am one of the best workers in this company. Since I have a love for investigating and reporting, I don't find my job to be difficult at all. I enjoy it because it's something that I'm very passionate about. It's something that I've always wanted to do. So, I may be late to work a lot of times, but everyone in the company who knows me can always count on the fact that I do my tasks well and on time.

He rolled his eyes at me, but I didn't miss the playful glint that shined behind them. "Please just try to be early from now on, because I can't let you off the hook all the time." He told me as a small smile slowly started to appear on his face.