24. Lanterns

**JAE EUN'S POV**

Jimin continued to drive while holding my hand in his. Our hands rested on top of the center console of the car. We drove in silence and I noticed us getting farther and farther away from the city. The buildings that whizzed passed us were now replaced with a bunch of tall trees.

"Where are we going?" I asked Jimin.

I saw him smile before quickly glancing at me. "It's a surprise. We're almost there." He told me.

I just nodded my head at him and waited until we arrived our destination. He finally stopped by the side of an empty road and turned to me.

"We're here." He happily said and hopped out of the car.

I took a quick look at our surroundings and shivered because of how dark and empty it was. As soon as I got off the car, I immediately walked to his side and held his hand.

"Are you here to kill me?" I asked him nervously.

He gave me a funny look and chuckled at me. "Come on." He said while leading me into the trees.

We walked deeper into what seemed like a forest and Jimin continued to walk until he arrived a path. He held me close to him and started to walk down the path before finally reaching a secluded area at the end.

I immediately saw a cliff and my eyes were wide open in awe at the beautiful scenery.

"It's so beautiful here." I told Jimin while continuing to admire the place.

I saw him give me an eye smile and he lead me a little closer to the end of the cliff where a mat was neatly placed.

"Did you put this here yourself?" I asked him and he nodded his head cutely at me.

He sat on the mat with his legs wide open and asked me to sit in between them. I followed and sat down as well, leaning my back on him and resting my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled deeper into his hold.

"I wanted to show you something." He whispered in my ear.

His voice tickled my ear which caused shivers to run down my spine. "What is it?" I asked.

"Look." He said while pointing at the sky.

I followed his hand and saw one lantern appear in the night sky. I was in awe, it looked so beautiful against the dark blue hue of the sky. Another lantern appeared, followed by another and another one, until the whole sky was filled with the beautiful bright lanterns. I gasped at how beautiful it all looked and turned my body to face Jimin.

"Did you do this?" I asked him in surprise.

"Yes, do you like it?" He nervously asked with a shy smile on his face.

I immediately nodded my head and hugged him tight. "I love it Jimin, thank you so much." I whispered in his ear.

I pulled away and took another look at the brightly lit sky before turning back to face him again. "This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me." I said while leaning my forehead against his.