38. Truth

**JAE EUN'S POV**

I didn't even notice that tears were already falling from my eyes until I started to feel a wet patch on my thighs. Once I approached a stoplight, I quickly wiped my tears to clear my sight and continued to drive home.

I quickly parked my car when I arrived the driveway. I hopped off the vehicle and immediately went inside the apartment. I took my shoes off and sat down on the couch in the living room.

My eyes were red and puffy, and my tears had dried up on my face. I wasn't crying anymore, but everything hurt. I didn't even know why I was crying. Maybe it was a mix from seeing Jimin's exhausted appearance and the way his words painfully pierced into my heart. I knew that he didn't intend to hurt me, but I couldn't stop repeating the way his voice sounded as he told me to keep my distance.

I sighed and held my face in my hands. "Jae Eun?" I heard a voice suddenly ask.

I looked up and saw Hoseok come from the hallway. He took a few steps closer and sat beside me on the couch.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked while gently rubbing my back with his hand.

"Have you seen Jimin this past week?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Not really. He's been busy." He said.

"Do you know what he's been so busy doing?" I said and I couldn't help the bitter laugh that escaped my lips.

Hoseok just looked at me worriedly. "Did you guys have an argument?" He asked.

"No." I whispered. "I think," I started to say, but I just shook my head while massaging my temples.

"It's okay Jae Eun, you can tell me." He said in a soothing voice.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head at him. "I think he's begun. I think he's already taking over." I said.

Hoseok's eyes widened slightly. "I don't think so Jae Eun, he would tell us first if he did." He said.

"You haven't seen him." I whispered. "I just met him a few hours ago. He looked so different Hoseok. He looked so exhausted and overworked." I told him.

"I'll talk to him about this tomorrow, but I really don't think that's what he's doing." He said, but even he sounded unconvinced.

"Fine." I sighed. "So, why are you here?" I asked to try and change the subject.

"Oh, I brought Ara home and we watched a few movies but she fell asleep." He told me with a small smile on his face. "I was about to leave when I saw you and yeah." He said.

"Are you guys a thing?" I asked, truly curious if they were already together or not.

"I'm still finding the moment." Hoseok told me shyly.

"What moment? Just ask her, she'll be happier if you do." I said, but couldn't help the warm smile that appeared on my face.

Hoseok was so sweet with Ara. It made me really happy that my best friend had been able to find someone like him.

"I just want it to be special. I'm still thinking about how to do it." He explained and I nodded.

"Well, goodluck. I'm sure she'll be happy as long as you're there." I said and he smiled widely at me.